Week 3: Jewish Migration in the 1900s
Click here to fill out a new KWL form to detail what you already know about this week’s topic, what you want to know, and what you retained from last week.
Watch this video, then answer the following questions. If you don’t know the answers, that’s okay. Just do your best!
- Think about how your life would change if you had to move to another country. How would your life change if you were in… a different climate? In a different language? How would your religious observance change if at all, and why? How would you be different?
- How were Jews from Europe seen as different in the United States?
- What about Jews from other areas of the world, like Iraq or India?
- What sort of governmental ideas were important to European Jews?
- What would have been promising – and challenging – about picking up and moving across the world? In the 1800s? Now?