After-School Coordinator/Camp Assistant DirectorAt Camp JCC (JCC of the Lehigh Valley)
The After-School Coordinator & Assistant Camp Director has the overall responsibility for the development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of our year-round programs for children, including the JLounge after-school program, enrichment classes, and family programs. The After-School Coordinator & Assistant Camp Director will also serve as the Assistant Director of Camp JCC in the summer, playing an integral role in planning and executing the JCC’s summer programs. The After-School Coordinator & Assistant Camp Director must be a self-starter, capable of working independently and also as part of a team of professionals. The After-School Coordinator & Assistant Camp Director must be capable of “switching gears” – being approachable and fun when working with children parents, while also being organized and professional when in the office.
The JCC of the Lehigh Valley is a growing agency with strong roots in a town that is thriving with Jewish life, which includes eight synagogues, an extensive eruv, a mikvah, a kosher food truck, an overnight camp, and strong Federation, Jewish Day School and Jewish Family Services agencies. Cultural amenities include minor league baseball and hockey, a symphony and art museum, a zoo, multiple ski resorts, amusement parks, MusikFest (the country’s largest free music festival), historical sites, and easy access to Philadelphia (1 hour) and New York City (2 hours). Within 30 minutes, biking, hiking, skiing, and water sports abound. With a low cost of living and beautiful natural surroundings, the Lehigh Valley provides a high quality of life for individuals and families of all backgrounds and interests.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring JCC professional who is looking to take the first step in their career. We are looking for someone who is energetic and motivated, with a positive, can-do attitude. The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver who is capable of working both independently and as part of a team as the situation dictates. To be successful, the After-School Coordinator & Assistant Camp Director must be able to set goals and work toward them, and take an interest in their own personal and professional development. The After-School Coordinator & Assistant Camp Director is supervised by the Youth & Camp Director.
• Provide supervision for part-time employees, instructors, and contractors as assigned.
• Assist in preparing the annual budgets for the camp and youth departments, and monitor and provide feedback on monthly financial statements.
• Create, implement and evaluate systems and processes for core department functions, such as attendance tracking, sales and outreach.
• Lead the JCC’s after-school program, called JLounge (50% of time during the school year). This includes:
o Recruiting new students.
o Building relationships with parents, schools, and community leaders.
o Planning and executing enrichment classes for school-age children.
o Recruiting, hiring, and supervising program staff.
• Lead the JCC’s year-round Vacation Camp program, which operates on days when area schools are closed (20% of time during the school year). This includes staffing, scheduling of activities, registration, supplies and snacks and anything else pertinent to a successful program
• Running family programs for the community in partnership with PJ Library, the Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley, and other Jewish agencies (10% of time during the school year).
• Serve as the Assistant Director of the JCC’s youth summer camp program, called Camp JCC (100% of time during the summer, 20% of time during the school year). This includes:
o Helping to grow total camper enrollment through enhanced marketing, outreach, relationship-building, programming, recruitment and sales.
o Supervising counseling and programming staff or serving as the administrative director.
o Assist in hiring, recruiting, interviewing, evaluating and training camp staff.
o Planning and assisting with special camp events throughout the year, agency-wide events, and community-wide programs.
• Take an active interest in career growth, including learning new skills, staying current on industry trends, and constantly innovating and taking calculated risks.
• Lead departmental staff meetings and trainings.
• Participate as a member of the JCC’s program team, providing support to co-workers and attending regular staff and supervisory meetings.
• Conduct personal outreach to JCC members and participants, building relationships and leveraging them to encourage repeat and cross-department business.
• Regularly assess local competition to determine brand positioning and opportunities for growth.
Salary range: $36,000 – $42,000
Benefits include: Health insurance (employer subsidized), vision insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, generous PTO, flexible work schedule, free family membership, and program discounts.
Requirements• Associate’s degree (bachelor’s degree preferred) • Minimum one year of full-time/part-time/seasonal relevant experience (such as working in a summer camp, after-school program, sports and recreation facility, babysitting, etc.) • Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills • Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite, and the ability to learn new systems quickly • CPR, AED and First Aid certification (or ability to obtain) • Knowledge of the JCC field and Jewish culture, traditions and celebrations, or willingness to learn
How to ApplyPlease e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Camp JCC (JCC of the Lehigh Valley)
After-School Coordinator/Camp Assistant Director
702 North 22nd Street, Allentown, Pennsylvania, 18104, United States