Assistant DirecctorAt Camp Zeke
Take your camp career to the next level at a vibrant, growing, independent Jewish overnight camp located on 560 serene acres in Northeastern, PA. Camp Zeke celebrates healthy, active living through whole foods, sports, fitness and culinary arts. Our camp serves 500+ children ages 7 – 17 during the summer, and numerous retreat groups in the spring and fall. We are seeking an experienced Assistant Camp Director with a strong background in providing excellent customer service, the ability to multi-task, excellent management and organizational skills to join our year-round leadership team.
Responsibilities of Assistant Director:
• Assist with interviewing and hiring the summer camp staff.
• Coordinate with the many user groups that host their retreats on our site and ensuring that they have an amazing experience.
• Liaise with the groups prior to arrival, determine their specific needs, and coordinate with the onsite team to prepare for the group’s arrival.
• Oversee all set-ups, planning, scheduling and coordinating throughout the event.
• Manage and schedule staff who are working the retreat programs.
• Follow-up with groups after their events to get feedback and encourage to hold dates for a future retreat.
• Give tours and assist with marketing to potential new groups and camper families.
• During the summer, the assistant director will take a significant role in the overall management of camp, with specific duties to be determined based on individual strengths.
• Work as a part of the overall camp leadership team and assist with year-round planning.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum of 3 – 5 years of camp management experience, including staff supervision and scheduling.
• Top notch customer service experience and excellent communication skills.
• The ability to work in a fast paced environment and work independently and as a part of a team.
• Experience in both supporting and directing overnight camps or retreat centers.
• Hands on experience in basic facility maintenance is helpful, along with a knowledge of food service.
• The ability to trouble shoot and handle multiple tasks at the same time is essential.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and experience with working with database programs.
• The successful candidate will be required to live on site at our camp in Northeastern, PA from mid-April to mid-November as needed. (Comfortable accommodations provided,)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• A valid Driver’s License
• Successfully pass a background check with fingerprinting
• Knowledge of Jewish community a plus
How to ApplyTo apply please e-mail your resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements to Laurie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
31 Barry Watson Way, Lakewood, PA, 18439, United States