Assistant DirectorAt Camp Solomon Schechter
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Assistant Camp Director
Have you ever dreamed of spending your summers on a private lake . . . spending two months out of the year on a breath-taking property with magical scenery and countless amenities . . . zip lining to your office, creating lanyards during your meetings, and spending countless hours playing gaga and splashing on the aqua park? If you’re a little cra-cra, love coming to work in shorts and a camp t-shirt, and never want to grow up, come join our unbelievable team at Camp Solomon Schechter! Live our mission each day as you get to impact our campers’ Jewish futures. . . . Oh yeah, you can’t be afraid of a little face paint, getting sloppy, or even getting goofy in front of 300 campers and staff. It’s totally a job requirement! Additional perks include 24/7 coffee service, and your second car will be a golf cart, not to mention you gain access to unlimited fruit loops, grilled cheese, and otter pops. This is bigger than any job you’ve had. You actually have the opportunity to make history.
Camp Solomon Schechter is seeking an energetic and self-motivated partner and camp professional for the Assistant Camp Director position, who demonstrates a love of Jewish summer camp and all it has to offer. This position will report to the Summer Camp Director and will help lift the profile of our entire organization, especially Jewish summer camp and year-round engagement.
CSS has a 69-year tradition of fun, friendship, and Jewish education in the Pacific Northwest. We value each child as an individual and strive to support their social and spiritual growth. Our campers have the opportunity to be independent in a safe and nurturing environment. We encourage every camper to try something new, make new friends, make good choices, and grow as leaders and as individuals. CSS is a fully immersive, welcoming, and spiritual Jewish environment.
• Plan and attend recruitment and engagement events across the Pacific Northwest throughout the off-season, including weekend retreats.
• Manage year-round camper birthday program.
• Build a camper recruitment and retention plan with targeted goals.
• Support staff recruitment and retention, includes attending staff recruitment and engagement events throughout the off-season.
• Answer general questions about camp.
• Register and enroll campers.
• Be the primary point of contact for registered families, including following up with new leads and inquiries.
• Manage scholarship program.
• Track/manage all forms needed from families for camp.
• Track and process payment plans.
Camper Life & Inclusion
• Call all new families.
• Work with families who need extra support.
• Bunk campers.
• Prepare camper files for cabin staff.
• Assist with the development of summer staff training program.
• Act as the lead for the Yedid Nefesh Program (mental, emotional, social, and spiritual health program).
• Manage Camper Care Team.
• Create/manage behavior plans.
• Work with parents on behavior strategies.
• Develop/run inclusion program.
• Communicate regularly with parents, responding promptly to all parent phone calls and emails.
Other duties, as assigned
RequirementsQualifications The successful candidate will possess the following: • BA or BS required; • Experience with camping required; experience in Jewish camping preferred; • 2-3 years of experience in administration, supervision, and/or Jewish education desired; • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; • Excellent organizational skills; • Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; • Awareness, knowledge, and understanding of current societal trends in the areas of Jewish camping, child development, social media, and/or customer service; • Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, Board members, campers, and parents; • Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite, Google Suite, and CampMinder; • Willingness to travel as required; • Willingness to work weekends as needed; • Willingness to live and work at camp from mid-June to mid-August annually, plus pre-arranged times throughout the year; and • Ability to support the organization’s mission and goals.
How to ApplyTo Apply This position is full-time ($55,000 - $65,000) with benefits (medical, vision, dental, sick, vacation, holiday, personal, retirement). Please submit your cover letter and resume to Adam Nickels, Camp Director (email@example.com). Only those whose applications being considered will be contacted. Camp Solomon Schechter is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, age, political ideology, national or ethnic origin, disability, actual or perceived medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Camp Solomon Schechter
117 E Louisa St, Unit 110, Seattle, WA, 98102, United States