Assistant DirectorAt Camp Chi
Here for summer. Home for life.
Each and every summer, the magic happens for over 1,200 campers. Camp Chi’s 600 acres become a place where the shy walk away from their shadows. The cool learn to be warm. The uncertain seize adventure. And strangers become lifelong friends.
For nearly a century – Camp Chi has transformed children’s summers. We unplug them from the stress and technology of their daily lives and plug them into life-changing moments. A soccer player takes the stage. An artist reaches the high ropes. Everyone becomes fluent in kindness and friendship. And the camp becomes a community as they celebrate Shabbat and discover the spirit of Israel has a home in Lake Delton, Wisconsin.
The Assistant Director serves as a member of the management team in creating the vision for and the development and implementation of programs that shape and define the Camp Chi experience for children 1,200+ ages 8-17. The Assistant Director plays a key role in camper and staff recruitment, program development and operational and administrative responsibilities, as well as fostering and maintaining relationships with campers, parents and staff.
September through May (Northbrook, IL) Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm, plus evenings and weekends as needed
June through August: Camp Chi (Lake Delton, WI)
Requirements• Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Business, Education, Social Work or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
• 3+ years progressive leadership experience in Resident Camp or related field
• Previous experience interviewing, hiring and supervising staff.
• Previous experience working as a member of a management team.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; must have highly developed public speaking/presentation skills.
• Ability to demonstrate and lead with JCC Chicago’s Four Core Values: Self-Leadership and Accountability, Creativity and Innovation, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Customer Service.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Jewish culture and values.
• Conflict management, listening and decision-making skills.
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel and databases with the ability to learn other technology as needed; proficiency with CampMinder preferred.
• Experience utilizing Social Media on behalf of an organization.
How to ApplyLearn more and apply online at https://www.jccchicago.org/about/career-listings/
300 Revere Drive, Northbrook, IL, 60062, United States