Assistant Director Camp & Youth EngagementAt Neil Klatskin Summer Camps at the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
The Assistant Director of Camp & Youth Engagement is part of the core team providing programming for youth and families throughout the year and is responsible for assisting in the overall management and operation of Neil Klatskin Summer Camps and Camp365. This position is instrumental in ensuring a safe, positive, and memorable experience for participants, staff, and families while fostering a strong Jewish identity and values-based culture.
- Collaborate with the Director to design and implement age-appropriate, engaging, meaningful,
and year-round innovative programs.
- Infuse Jewish and Israeli content into all elements of the camp and youth experience.
- Supervise camp specialists and afterschool enrichment Instructors in curriculum development.
- Work closely with the Director to recruit, interview, hire, train, and manage a team of
counselors, specialists, instructors, and support staff for Neil Klatskin Summer Camps and Youth
- Implement and manage a process for evaluating seasonal staff.
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to staff members, promoting professional development
and teamwork in a positive environment.
- Help to create a community-oriented environment that inspires, motivates, and appreciates
- Ensure a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all campers, focusing on their physical,
emotional, and social well-being.
Health and Safety:
- Assist in the development and enforcement of camp policies and procedures related to health,
safety, and emergency protocols.
Communication and Parent Engagement:
- Partner with the Director in communication with parents/guardians of participants and staff.
- Assist in building and implementing a framework of innovative recruitment efforts, both virtual
and in person to engage, recruit, and retain campers and year-round participants.
- Assist in managing camp logistics, including inventory, equipment, and supplies.
- Collaborate with the Camp Director to ensure compliance with licensing and accreditation standards.
EOE. It is the policy of this institution to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital
status, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, or status within any other protected group
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Recreation, Jewish Studies, Social Work, or a related field (preferred).
Previous experience working in a supervisory role at a camp or similar setting.
Strong knowledge and appreciation of Jewish culture, traditions, and values.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
CPR and First Aid certification (or willingness to obtain).
Ability to work long hours and adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic camp environment
How to Apply
Send all resumes and cover letters to Melissa Peters at Mpeters@jccotp.org
Neil Klatskin Summer Camps at the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
Assistant Director Camp & Youth Engagement
411 East Clinton Avenue, Tenafly, NJ, 07670, United States