Assistant Director, Operations and CommunicationsAt Habonim Dror Camp Gesher
Camp Gesher – a children’s Jewish overnight summer camp located in eastern Ontario not far from Bon Echo Park. (1 hour from Belleville) – is seeking an Assistant Director of Operations and Communications. The Camp offers an outdoor residential camping experience to children between the ages of 7 – 16 years. The Camp community consists of about 40 University age staff and about 120 campers per session during the summer season.
Our year round office is in Toronto, Ontario and being in residence at camp in Cloyne, Ontario is required in the summer. We are open to our Assistant Director to be located outside the GTA.
Our Mission: Camp Gesher has been empowering youth for 60 years! Our program reflects the values and spirit of youth leadership and empowerment; focusing on social justice, inclusion, equality, and building an informed and empathetic community. At Gesher each camper is encouraged to take responsibility for the well being of the community and the world around them.
Our youth led community develops both tangible and intangible skills, for both our campers and our staff. We foster self confidence through trying new activities, gain resiliency by enduring setbacks in a supportive environment, develop life-long friendships, grow independence, build social skills and understanding of group dynamics, learn leadership skills, unplugging from technology and connecting with nature.
1. Oversees all logistics and operational support for summer camp management
2. Oversees day to day business management of the year round agency operation
3. Work closely with bookkeeper to ensure accuracy and reporting requirements are being met
4. Participates with other members of camp’s leadership team to collaboratively manage all day-to-day operations
Liaison the MarCom Committee and assist with the Finance Committee
Communications: Maintain camp website and online event calendar, and execute in-house communications for staff and community (WIX or Constant Contact)
Administer the registration process, payment process and forms collection for campers and staff
Prepare and maintain OCA documentation
Provide logistical planning and support for a range of activities
Maintain development data and provide reports as needed
Maintain a portfolio of donors that are personally stewarded and solicited
Handle all administration and publicity for the Day of Giving
Administer and keep tabs on Donor recognition, donor profiles, donor data and solicitation plans
Lead the structures/systems and administrative portion of stewardship plans including summer thank you notes
Create print materials for outreach events
Represent Camp Gesher at partner and community events
Create and administer the ambassador program, provide supplies, and follow up with families
Administer the discounts in CampBrain of Ambassador and Refer-a-friend opportunities
In residence at and implementing should season events, rentals, etc.
Provide Bookkeeper with monthly bills and work with Bookkeeper on all financial matters
Individual Expense Reports/Reimbursements
Vendor Account Management
Petty Cash Reports
Entering Payments into CampBrain
Set up all phones, internet, etc.
Manage all summer transportation, including most immediate supervisor of seasonal driver
Summer Payroll – including international staff and all needed employment documentation (tax forms, contracts, etc.)
Take and upload photos for website, organize photos for strategic year round outreach
Post daily on social media
Maintain Camp Blog
Coordinate logistics for visits with Cornerstone, Kayitz Kef, Mazkirut Artzit, Camp Gesher Board and Donor visits
Gather content from Tzevet to create a weekly newsletter
Organize and run postseason rentals and camps
Help the Techni (Youth Technical Director) with all transportation needs and supply requests
• Effective organizational, administrative, and time management abilities with attention to detail
• Desired to be at least 25 years old (in order to drive rented/leased vehicles) with a clean driving record
• Desired to have first aid/CPR certification and be able to provide a vulnerable sector reference and/or criminal record check as part of the application process.
• Ability to work independently and self-manage workload and changing priorities in a team environment
• A meaningful understanding of camping in Canada is preferred;
• Ability to work collaboratively with others, and to accept guidance and supervision
• Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills;
• Familiarity with CampBrain, WIX, Constant Contact is a strong asset
• 2-5 years of experience in a similar role or related and applicable work experience
• Planning and Organizing – Manages multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities. Anticipates obstacles and demonstrates judgment and flexibility to adjust as required.
• Results Orientation – Demonstrates a focus on finishing all tasks in a timely manner while taking complete ownership of tasks with attention to detail.
• Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements. Can collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
• Service Orientation – Strives for excellence, delivering the highest quality care and resources possible to those we serve.
• Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity; adapts communication to respond to audience or situational requirements.
• Innovative & “Can Do” Attitude – Able to think creatively to develop new solutions that meet current and future needs. Looking to grow and learn within the camp context and as part of Camp Gesher, with an outlook that is positive, assertive and flexible, striving to take on challenges with a sense that “I can do it”.
• Problem Solving – Possesses the ability to break a situation/task down into smaller pieces to identify key issues, figuring out cause and effect relationships in order to problem-solve.
Camp Gesher is committed to employment equity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. If you require an accommodation at any point during the hiring/employment process please let us know as we will work with you to meet your needs. All responses will be handled with strict confidence.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Qualified candidates may apply by February 11, 2023 to Shoshana Lipschultz, Director by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include your resume and a letter explaining why you would be an excellent candidate for this position. All held in confidence. Early submission is encouraged, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Habonim Dror Camp Gesher
Assistant Director, Operations and Communications
272 Codsell Avenue, Toronto, ON, M3H 3X2, Canada