Assistant Director – ProgrammingAt BB Camp
Position: Assistant Director- Programming
Location: B’nai B’rith Camp Office (Portland); B’nai B’rith Camp (near Lincoln City)
Dates & Hours: Full time, Year-round
Salary: $43,000-$47,000, DOE
Reports to: BB Overnight Camp Director
Benefits: Employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; up to 6% employer contribution to retirement fund; up to 200 hours of paid time off, and holidays, plus other benefits, including discounted rates for Summer Camp
The Assistant Director- Programming is responsible for building a vibrant and inclusive Jewish community through program innovation, development, and implementation. Duties include camper recruitment, hiring and supervising B’nai B’rith Camp program overnight summer camp staff, day-to-day overnight camp program, budget development and management, and planning for improvements and growth. The Assistant Director- Programming is also responsible for our year-round engagement programming and events, including family camps, retreats, and other youth, teen, and family events.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Post-graduate work in a related field is preferred.
• At least 3 years of experience in youth services, Jewish camping, or similar non-profit work
• Proven leadership and communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate effectively with several different stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
• Proven experience with program development and implementation
• Familiarity and comfort with Jewish values and traditions.
• Prioritizes inclusivity within the work that is produced.
• Ability to be flexible and manage change.
About B’nai B’rith Camp:
B’nai B’rith Camp, located on the Oregon coast, is a premier camp and conference center in the Pacific Northwest. Since 1921, BB Camp has been dedicated to providing the finest summer overnight camp experience for today’s campers while preparing them to be tomorrow’s community leaders. Since 2006, BB Camp has been serving the local community with our day camp program. In addition to our summer camp programs, we rent our facility for conferences, retreats, and special events. B’nai B’rith Camp is open to everyone. B’nai B’rith Camp is licensed by the State of Oregon, accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA), and a member of the JCC Association. www.bbcamp.org
Compensation43,000 - 47,000
How to ApplyApplication Process: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Maddie Newman, Camp Director, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position is open until filled.
Assistant Director – Programming
6643 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Suite 234, Portland, OR, 97221, United States