Assistant Director, StaffingAt Camp Sabra
The primary function of this role is to assist and support the Director of Camp Sabra in the year-to-year retentions and recruitment which includes creating systems that drive staff satisfaction and performance while also increasing staff retention from year-to-year. In addition, oversee staff when renting out the Camp Sabra facilities to outside groups. .
Under the supervision of the Director, conduct the hiring, assignment and supervision of seasonal staff including staff evaluations.
• Under the supervision of the Director, create and manage the staffing budget.
• In conjunction with the Director, plan and execute recruitment presentations to campers and families, as well as to other stakeholders-including board and committee members, using a myriad of vehicles for engagement and effective communication.
• Supervise the preparation of and conduct both pre-camp and in-service staff training.
• Assist the Director in establishing opening day and closing day procedures for both staff and campers.
• Following Accounting Department procedures, responsible for processing all payroll and money reimbursements for all staff.
• Supervise the planning and implementing of staff activities to enhance staff engagement and success.
• Supervise seasonal staff.
• Develop and implement an annual communication plan to maximize staff engagement during the off-season and ultimately staff retention, including, social media posts, a newsletter, in-person visits, staff focus groups, etc.
• Travel for recruitment and retention of staff.
• Coordinate staff travel with the Operations Manager.
• Work with HR to make sure all on-boarding of seasonal staff is completed before employees’ first day.
• Create and deliver continuing education during camp season.
• Participate and co-lead regular staff meetings.
• Schedule and post all staff days off.
• Manage staff assignments.
• Work with international companies to find and hire staff from around the world.
• Work closely with the Director to assign or reassign staff to cabins.
• Recruit and supervise appropriate staff during camp rentals and retreats.
• In conjunction with the Director, schedule city reunions and plan program content that yield appropriate attendance from current and perspective new families as appropriate.
• In the off-season, plan and execute in-person or virtual camper and staff focus groups and report results in a timely manner.
• Behave in a responsible manner as a character example for all staff and campers encouraging Jewish development, high ethical standards, and good health.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• BA/BS preferred.
• A minimum of 3-5 years working in the camping industry preferred.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadlines.
• Must be able to travel throughout the year and reside at camp during the camp season (May-August).
• Ability to follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision.
• Ability to work with all levels of an organization, with ability to meet potential campers and their families and make presentations to them.
• Demonstrated ability to interview, hire and supervise staff, manage priorities, effectively deal with emergencies, and communicate via written and verbal methods.
• Must have demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Must have a demonstrated ability to learn new software programs, as industry specific programs are utilized in this position (Salesforce, CampMinder).
• Attention to detail.
• Independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility.
• Commitment to agency mission.
• First Aid/CPR/AED certification is required. Training is provided.
How to Apply
You can apply directly on the following link:
Assistant Director, Staffing
30750 Camp Sabra Rd., Rocky Mount, MO, 65072, United States