Assistant Director, StaffingAt Camp Sabra
The primary function of this role is to assist and support the Director of Camp Sabra in the year-to-year retentions and recruitment which includes creating systems that drive staff satisfaction and performance while also increasing staff retention from year-to-year. In addition, oversee staff when renting of the Camp Sabra facilities to outside groups.
Under the supervision of the Director, conduct the hiring, assignment and supervision of seasonal staff including staff evaluations.
• Under the supervision of the Director, create and manage the staffing budget.
• In conjunction with Director, plan and execute recruitment presentations to campers and families, as well as to other stakeholders-including board and committee members, using a myriad of vehicles for engagement and effective communication.
• Supervise the preparation of and conduct both pre-camp and in-service staff training.
• Assist the Director in establishing opening day and closing day procedures for both staff and campers.
• Assist the Director in supervising all camp cleanup at the end of the season.
• Supervise the planning and implementing of staff activities to enhance staff engagement and success.
• Supervise seasonal staff.
• Develop and implement an annual communication plan to maximize staff engagement during the off-season and ultimately staff retention, including, social media posts, a newsletter, in-person visits, staff focus groups, etc.
• When required, travel for recruitment and retention of staff.
• Coordinate staff travel with the Operations Coordinator.
• Create and distribute a staff newsletter during the off season.
• Create and deliver continuing education during camp season.
• Participate and co-lead regular staff meetings.
• Schedule and post all staff days off.
• Manage staff assignments.
• Ensure emergency procedures are in place and monitor for reporting and procedural compliance.
• Work closely with Director to assign or re-assign staff to cabins.
• Recruit and supervise appropriate staff during camp rentals and retreats.
• In conjunction with the Director, schedule city reunions and plan program content that yield appropriate attendance from current and perspective new families as appropriate.
• In the off-season plan and execute in person or virtual camper and staff focus groups and report results in a timely manner.
• Behave in a responsible manner as a character example for all staff and campers encouraging Jewish development, high ethical standards, and good health.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
RequirementsQualifications: • BA/BS in a related field is required. • A minimum of 3-5 years working in the camping industry preferred. • Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline. • Must be able to travel throughout the year and reside at camp during the camp season (May-August). • Ability to follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision. • Ability to work with all levels of an organization, with ability to meet potential campers and their families and make presentations to them. • Demonstrated ability to interview, hire and supervise staff, manage priorities, effectively deal with emergencies, and communicate via written and verbal methods. • Must have demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). • Must have a demonstrated ability to learn new software programs, as industry specific programs are utilized in this position (Salesforce, CampMinder). • Attention to detail. • Independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility. • Commitment to agency mission. • First Aid/CPR/AED certification is required. Training is provided. Physical Demands: • Must be able to sit, stand, walk long distances over gravel and rough terrain, lift and carry up to 25 pounds, use hands to handle controls; be able to talk and hear. This employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to participate in games with staff and campers requiring running, stooping or and bending. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. During camp season the majority of the work is outdoors in summer heat and humidity; the majority of the work is inside during off season.
How to Applyhttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=62715&clientkey=7E63DFEC85A682F39444D953B924F7CC Please use this link to apply.
Assistant Director, Staffing
30750 Camp Sabra Rd, Rocky Mount, MO, 65072, United States