Assistant Director, HillelAt Trinity College
Trinity College seeks a staff that reflects the changing demographics of our student body. Our student body is diverse, representing 41 states and 70 countries, with 21 percent U.S. students of color and 50 percent who identify as women. More than 90 percent of students live on campus. Trinity is a highly selective, independent, nonsectarian liberal arts institution located in the capital city of Hartford, Connecticut. With more than 2,100 full-time undergraduate students and 91 graduate students, the college maintains a rigorous academic profile complemented by a vibrant and diverse co-curricular program. We consider our location in a culturally and socioeconomically diverse capital city to be among Trinity’s most distinctive assets, and we cultivate strong connections with our surrounding neighbors and with institutions and organizations throughout Hartford and the region. As a preeminent liberal arts college in an urban setting, Trinity College prepares students to be bold, independent thinkers who lead transformative lives.
Develop and implement meaningful cultural, religious, spiritual and intellectual programming that allows students to explore their Jewish identities and grow as leaders. Build one on one relationships with students and support student-initiated programming for the Jewish community as well as the wider campus community. Oversee all aspects of outreach and communication including social media. Create an engagement strategy specifically for Jewish students who haven’t already engaged with Hillel. Create opportunities for students to develop as leaders; supervise student board and student interns. Assist Director with fundraising efforts (especially online) and operations.
Preferred: MA in Jewish Studies, Jewish Education, or General Education. Background in Jewish camping or Jewish education.
- Create an engagement strategy to increase attendance at Hillel events especially by students who have not previously attended a Hillel event. Build relationships with students through one on one meetings.
- Supervise, recruit, mentor, and evaluate student leaders. Plan leadership development experiences including regular board meetings and board retreats. With students, develop bylaws including board structure, board member succession, and building access guidelines.
- Design and implement Jewish life programming, in collaboration with students, Director, and campus partners. Such programming should include vibrant, inclusive, and creative Shabbat, holiday, cultural, educational and Israel-related programming. Support entirely student-initiated programming that may not fall into one of these categories. Manage all aspects of programming including ordering food, making room reservations, recruiting students for set up and clean up, and entering Hillel events into the college calendar. Enter all engagement data into the Hillel International CRM in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with Director, create a communication strategy. Maintain social media accounts including creation of content, supervise student social media interns if needed. Update Hillel website. Maintain email lists of currents students and campus partners. Create and distribute flyers in collaboration with Director and/or students.
- Assist Admissions with recruitment of Jewish student applicants and support efforts to increase yield of Jewish students.
- Develop key relationships with campus professionals and student organizational partners. Participate in, and recruit students for participation in, campus-wide events such as orientation, family weekend, commencement, reunion, interfaith events, etc.
- Recruit for and staff immersive experiences including the Jewish Learning Fellowship, service-learning trips, and immersive trips to Israel.
- Assist the Director with fundraising campaigns (including online), and operations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and based on departmental need.
How to Apply
All applicants must apply online by submitting their resume, cover letter and 3 references here: https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/postings/3062
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please explain how you would promote an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion in this role.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Assistant Director, Hillel