Assistant TeacherAt Makom Community
Makom Community transforms Jewish Education by creating and modeling Jewish Placemaking in collaboration with educators, children, and their families. Our pedagogy for Jewish Education celebrates curiosity and questioning of Jewish wisdom as well as deep interpersonal and communal connections. Our roots in Jewish tradition are a springboard for children to be kind, confident, and resilient leaders today and in the future. We listen deeply to children’s voices as they build a community where they love to be. Through our experiences together, Makom Community is committed to creating a more just world as an outgrowth of our Jewish learning. We are nurturing a Jewish community that is open to anyone who wants to engage with Jewish life alongside their family.
Quick Facts about Makom Community
● Daily, high-quality Jewish education (PreK-8th grade) as afterschool enrichment.
● Project-based and child-led learning.
● School’s Out Camps during school vacations, snow days, and early dismissals.
● Growing model of family and adult learning and holiday services.
● All staff & learners are expected to stay up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccinations.
RequirementsMaintain all appropriate background checks: PA State Police, PA Child Abuse History, and FBI fingerprinting.
How to ApplyEmail your resume and cover letter to Director of Teaching and Learning Amanda Hollander at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19002, United States