Associate DirectorAt Camp Young Judaea
CYJ is seeking an energetic, creative, and passionate leader to serve as our camp’s Associate Director (AD). The AD serves as a key role in the overall supervision of camp, management of schedules, family communication, and delivering meaningful programs to campers and staff.
Working in partnership with the Executive Director and COO, and in coordination with all other members of the Senior Leadership Team, the AD will manage the day-to-day functions of the camp during the summer season (June – August). During the off-season (September – May), the AD will play a lead role in camper recruitment and retention, summer staff recruitment and retention, planning for a successful summer camp season, and fostering and maintaining relationships with campers, parents and staff. The AD works remotely from September to May and lives at CYJ in Amherst, NH during the summer.
Compensation70,000 - 90,000
● Highly motivated to create an inclusive, energetic, creative and fun camp experience for campers and staff.
● Strong personal commitment to CYJ’s mission.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Experience with Google suite and knowledge of CampMinder camper management system preferred.
● Ability to approach opportunities and challenges with flexibility, confidence, determination, and resilience.
● Ability to build trusting and lasting relationships with campers, camper parents, staff, professional leadership, and other partners.
● Deep knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, and practice.
● Previous experience interviewing, hiring and supervising staff.
● Previous experience working as a member of a management team.
● B.A. and at least 3 years of leadership experience in Jewish overnight camp or related field.
How to Apply
First, please read over the full job description on our site using following
Next, please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Young Judaea
9 Camp Road, Amherst, NH, 03031, United States