Camp Achva Assistant DirectorAt Camp Achva
The Pozez Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia is seeking an emerging camp professional to serve as the Assistant Director of Camp Achva. This is a full-time, year-round position for someone that is energetic, creative, and aspires to pursue a career in camping. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for excellence, hold a strong work ethic, and can serve as a strong, positive role model for children and staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and coordinating staff, including managing employment procedures, and daily supervision.
• Assist in leading in the creation and implementation of staff training, manuals, and orientations for Camp Achva.
• Assist in researching and developing best practices for camp to implement throughout each summer, including current theories in child development, relevant Jewish themes and values, and soft skills.
• Assist in maintaining, and becoming proficient in camp’s database (CampSite).
• Assist in managing and staying up-to-date with camp social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram).
• Assist in promoting Camp Achva’s mission and vision through marketing opportunities and community outreach, including camp fairs and site visits.
• Attending and participating in camp professional development opportunities, including seminars and conferences through the year.
VDP’s & BASE
• Assist in overall operations of the Before and After School Enrichment (BASE) program and Vacation Day Program’s (VDP’s) throughout the school year.
• The ideal candidate will be able to:
o Communicate, establish and maintain cooperative and effective
working relationships with children, young adults, families, and
o Act as an assistant to the Camp Director in all daily functions.
o Work in a fast-paced work setting both independently and as part
of a team.
o Effectively develop program curricula for youth and teens.
o Make responsible decisions and respond calmly in stressful
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office and administrative experience.
• The ideal candidate will:
o Have had 3+ years’ experience working with children in a
o Have had 1-3+ years’ experience supervising staff
o Possess strong customer service and supervisory skills
o Hold a Bachelor’s Degree
o Have a valid Driver’s License
o Successfully pass a background check with fingerprinting
o Knowledge of Jewish community a plus
How to Apply
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to CampAchva@theJ.org
Camp Achva Assistant Director
8900 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax, Virginia, 22031, United States