Camp DirectorAt Mayerson JCC Camp at the J
The Mayerson JCC provides the Jewish and secular communities of Greater Cincinnati with resources, facilities, and programs which enhance their physical, intellectual, and social lives. The JCC helps to foster social connections between its members and guests alike, bringing people together through a wide variety of programs and events. With a state-of-the-art fitness center, highly regarded early childhood and senior centers, top arts and cultural events, and classes for every age, the JCC connects, enriches, and inspires over 27,000 visitors per month. The JCC welcomes everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ability.
The Day Camp Director is responsible for managing and oversight of all aspects of the Camps year round operations including program development and implementation, marketing and recruitment, facilitating, and overseeing all Day Camp Programs including the hiring, supervision, guidance, and direction of day camp staff, site management; long-range strategic planning, financial management. The Day Camp Director reports to the Director of Sports, Recreation and Camp.
• Recruits, trains and supervises staff including counselors, specialists and support personnel for summer camp sessions and break camps.
• Develops an On-boarding and training programs for counselors and specialists in multiple areas including camp policies and procedures, strategies for working effectively with children, and general and Judaic programming.
• Oversees performance assessments of staff.
Camper Recruitment and Retention
• Develops and implements a year-round strategy to ensure successful recruitment and retention of campers in a competitive market.
• Provides year-round communication with campers and camp families in order to promote camper retention and recruitment.
• Manages the database to ensure the organization of campers, staff and families are all achieved.
• Developing and implementation of a strategic plan which will ensure the continued and long-term success of camp.
• Ensures development and implementation of innovative and meaningful programming for all areas of the camping experience including sports, recreation and the arts.
• Reflects the informal Jewish education purpose of the Camp through the development of a variety of activities and programs.
• Implements year-round programming for campers, parents and families, which will encourage commitment to camping experience.
• Maintains records in accordance with ACA accreditation and our funding sources.
• Develops and administers budget for Camp. Monitors revenues and expenses to ensure financial goals are achieved.
• Assist in the development of grant requests for children, families and camp projects. Help identify and seek out additional sources of program funding.
RequirementsPOSITION QUALIFICATIONS: • Experience as a Day Camp Director • BA or BS in Education, Recreation, or related area preferred. • 2+ years successful experience in supervision and administration. • 2+ years of experience working with children. • Strong leadership, organization and communication skills (both written and oral) • Knowledge of the operation of a Jewish Community Center and it’s programs (preferred) • Knowledge of Jewish history, religion and culture (preferred) • Experience leading Israel themed curriculum (preferred)
How to ApplyPlease follow this link to apply directly: https://jewishcincinnati.org/about/career-center?gnk=job&gni=8a78859f6c5073aa016c9bc27201675e Questions may be directed to Jessica via phone or email.
Mayerson JCC Camp at the J
8485 Ridge Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45236, United States