Camp DirectorAt Camp B'nai Brith of Ottawa
CAMP B’NAI BRITH OF OTTAWA – DIRECTOR POSITION
Camp B’nai Brith of Ottawa (CBBO) is committed to being the Jewish overnight camp of choice for Ontario and Quebec children. We are currently looking for an experienced Camp Director, who will report to the Board Chair. This is a full-time position that requires residing at CBBO’s summer location in Quyon, Quebec for the camp season (late June through late August), and working from home with limited travel for the remainder of the year.
The Camp Director position includes a number of core elements, including, but not limited to: year-round leadership, administration and oversight of the entire camp program, staff and camper retention and recruitment, administration, camper registration, revenue enhancement, fundraising, and marketing/communication activities.
– Manage the entire operation of the camp on a day to day basis during the camp season.
– Oversee, implement and evaluate all aspects of camp service provision.
– Propose, oversee and control the annual budget.
– Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and training intended to ensure the safety of campers and staff.
– Prepare reports on staff, camper registration and others as required.
– Plan, coordinate and implement fundraising activities.
– Work with the CBBO bookkeeper, external accountants and auditors as necessary.
– Enhance CBBO’s relationship with camping industry associations, as appropriate.
– Liaise with the Ottawa Jewish Federation and other representative agencies of the Jewish Community in Canada.
– Attend professional growth related seminars and conferences, as required.
RequirementsQUALIFICATIONS The successful candidate will have: - A post-secondary education with experience as an Educator and/or within the Camping industry; - Five years experience as a senior member within an overnight camp’s leadership team; - The ability to provide leadership, motivation, and supervision to Administration, as well as staff (primarily young adults); - A strong connection to the Jewish faith; - A knowledge of health and safety regulations specific to camping situations; - Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to ApplyPlease send your CV and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp B'nai Brith of Ottawa
7861 River Road, Quyon, Quebec, J0X 2V0, Canada