Camp DirectorAt Camp Barney Medintz
Camp Barney Medintz
Camp Barney Medintz offers a Jewish camping experience rich in fun, friendship, adventure, and Jewish culture. Nestled in the North Georgia mountains on more than 500 acres complete with two lakes, “Camp Barney” ensures that campers make lifelong friends, gain independence, and strengthen their Jewish identities. Serving campers from 2nd grade – 12th grade, Camp Barney Medintz has earned its stellar reputation over the course of 60 summers.
The facilities are terrific and activities endless, but the Camp Barney experience is about so much more. At Camp Barney Medintz, campers gain independence, learn self-reliance, and build self-confidence. They discover new talents and passions by trying new skills and activities. Bonds are created that become lifelong friendships and campers embrace Jewish culture and traditions by living in a Jewish environment—all while campers have the best summers of their lives!
Camp Barney Medintz is owned and operated by the Marcus JCC of Atlanta (MJCCA).
The Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta is the primary destination in Atlanta for
Jewish engagement and connection. The Marcus JCC creates opportunities for people to meet and make meaningful friendships within an ever-changing metropolitan Atlanta landscape and within ever-evolving lives. Community, camaraderie, and connection are at the heart of everything the MJCCA does. Their innovative programs and services are the conduit to lifelong friendships, Jewish moments, and a sense of communal belonging. Their measured outcomes indicate that the MJCCA’s programs and services help people improve their quality of life while making the vital Jewish connections that are the cornerstone for their very reason for existing.
To learn more, visit https://www.campbarney.org/ and www.atlantajcc.org.
Camp Barney Medintz seeks a Camp Director who will serve as the strategic, inspirational leader of the camp. This individual must have the vision, skills, and experience to lead the organization into its next phase of development, growth, and impact.
The new Camp Director must have a demonstrated successful track record of operating a complex, multi-faceted organization. They will work to incorporate camp values into the everyday operations of camp. They will be responsible for oversight of staff management and hiring, operations, camper care, communication with parents and children, facilities management, and partnering with the JCC on fundraising. The Camp Director will serve as a public representative for Camp Barney Medintz, working with partner agencies throughout Georgia, the region, and the entire nation.
The Camp Director reports to the Marcus JCC CEO, will sit on the management team of the JCC, and will lead a group of seven year-round staff (not including maintenance staff as they don’t report directly to the Camp Director) and an operating budget of $6M. In the winter, the Camp Director is based in Atlanta, GA.
During the summer, the team works from the 540 acres of camp in Cleveland, GA. Last summer, over 1200 campers, and 350 staff attended camp.
Leadership and Executive Management
• In partnership with the JCC leadership, develop and message a clear, broad-based vision for the future of Camp Barney Medintz.
• Serve as the spokesperson for Camp Barney Medintz, representing the camp in the local community, and in the larger camping and Jewish communities.
• Provide frameworks, expertise, and guidance in developing and implementing an ongoing assessment of all areas of program and impact.
• Set and advance a positive, success-oriented culture within the organization. Ensure that Camp Barney Medintz’s vision and values are evident and consistent in every aspect of the organization, including its staff and programs.
• Work with the Camp Committee to identify, cultivate, recruit, and retain new members and lay leadership.
• In partnership with the JCC, oversee the facilities management of all the properties of Camp Barney Medintz and develop new facilities, including the replacement of facilities that have outlived their usefulness.
• In partnership with the JCC, oversee and integrate a robust marketing effort to raise the visibility of Camp Barney Medintz.
Staff Management and Organizational Culture
• Build and maintain effective and trusting relationships with Camp Barney Medintz’s management team and staff
• Assess and evaluate internal systems and staff infrastructure
• Create an environment of team, collaboration, accountability, and appreciation; set and advance a positive and cohesive culture within the organization
• Provide ongoing supervision, mentoring, professional development, and growth to direct reports, year-round and summer
Stewardship and Relationship Management
• In partnership with the JCC, help craft and articulate a compelling case for giving for Camp Barney Medintz.
• Build, steward, and diversify relationships with donors, camp alumni, and potential donors.
Qualifications & Skills
• Understands how to create a strategic vision to galvanize and inspire excitement
• Responds to all stakeholders in a thoughtful, action-oriented, and decisive way
• Has proven experience managing a similar size budget and a similar size team of staff
• Engages in difficult conversations with sensitivity, openness, and thoughtfulness
• Has a deep passion for the Jewish community and Jewish summer camps
• Exhibits strong business and financial acumen, with experience leading positive and sustainable operational and cultural change within a complex organization
• Displays evidence of fostering an atmosphere of transparency, cooperation, collaboration, and positivity
• Demonstrates the highest degree of personal responsibility, accountability, and decision-making
• Has strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Yearns to learn and stay up to date with the trends and the competition of Jewish and secular sleepaway camps across the country
Salary: $150,000- $180,000, Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and retirement options. Generous vacation package and holiday schedule. Flexible work environment.
This position description is based upon material provided by Camp Barney Medintz, an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://drgtalent.com/career/camp-director-camp-barney-medintz/?rpid=760613&postid=UnJjVboFN4Y&webapp=1
Camp Barney Medintz
4165 Highway 129 N,, Cleveland, GA, 30528, United States