Camp Social WorkerAt Camp Pembroke
CAMP SOCIAL WORKER
CAMPER CARE & WELLNESS TEAM
Camp Pembroke is hiring a relationship-oriented Camp Social Worker to work closely with our Camper Care & Wellness Team, comprised of four Head Counselors, our Nurse Practitioner, and three Wellness professionals, to support our happy campers and staff! This role is a seasonal summer role with part-time hours before summer session begins.
Specific Responsibilities of the Camp Social Worker include, but are not limited to:
● Playing a leadership role in the planning and implementation of staff training and ongoing staff learning related to mental, emotional, social, and spiritual health (MESSH);
● Creating and implementing programming for small groups of campers and staff focused on wellness and social-emotional learning.
● Serving as a resource, alongside the other members of the Camper Care & Wellness Team, to campers and staff throughout the summer in facing mental, emotional and social health challenges, and creating environments where campers can thrive.
● Managing information about camper needs, and communicating those to staff, as well as documenting communication and plans within Camp Pembroke’s systems.
● Communicating and managing relationships with parents/caregivers in regards to camper needs.
● Participate in Foundation for Jewish Camp’s Community of Practice as part of our camp’s place in the Yedid Nefesh program, including two or three virtual gatherings and one in-person gathering per year with other Jewish camp mental health professionals.
● Be an active presence on-site at camp as a part of the community.
● Additional responsibilities as required.
Requirements● Graduate-level or higher degree in a mental health field. Including, but not limited to: social work, mental health counseling, psychology, youth psychiatry, family therapy, etc.
● 3-5 years of post-graduate work experience in a related field.
● Prior camp experience in working with young children is preferred
● Strong understanding of, and a willingness to be creative with, strategies to ensure campers of varying needs can be part of a mainstreamed program.
● Be a leader, self-starter, and strong collaborator.
● Willingness to join our community for evening activities, field trips and other special events
● Ability to accept guidance, constructive feedback, and support from teammates.
How to ApplyPlease send an email and a copy of your resume to Becca Goldma, firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Social Worker
306 Oldham Street, Pembroke, MA, 02359, United States