Camper Care SpecialistAt Westside JCC
Hours: Monday through Friday, Hours range from 7:45am to 5pm (shifts range from 4 to 7 hours)
Program Description: JCamp at Westside JCC offers camper experiences with chosen specialty tracks within a general day camp setting for campers ages 5 – 12. For summer 2022, JCamp is in session June 13 – August 19, 2022, with six days of staff training during the week of June 5-11, 2022.
Position Description: The Camper Care Specialist is a mental health professional concentrating in children’s behavior and emotional wellbeing. They will report to the Director of Camp and Family Programs. This is a seasonal summer full-time/part-time non-exempt position, with part-time hours before summer session begins. The position dates are part-time with meetings and occasional hours from March 1, 2022, to June 5, 2022 and full-time/part-time from June 5 to August 23, 2022. During the summer session the position includes occasional evening hours.
● Participate in all trainings and meetings prior to the beginning of camp, as required by funders and JCamp.
● Serve as leader in JCamp programs, supporting campers, staff, and parents.
● Act as a presence during the camp day by being physically present and involved in daily camp activities to support the daily social and emotional wellbeing of staff and campers.
● Playing a leadership role in the planning and implementation of Staff Training.
● Creating and implementing programming for small groups of campers focused on wellness and social-emotional learning.
● Creating and implementing programs for staff and parents focused on wellness and social-emotional learning.
● Serving as a resource to campers, staff and parents throughout the summer when dealing with mental, emotional, and social health challenges and creating environments where campers can thrive.
● Managing information about camper needs, and communicating those, and to staff. As well as documenting communication and plans within JCamp’s systems.
● Communicating and managing relationships with parents regarding camper needs.
● Preparing reports to funding agencies in relationship to mental emotional and social health of JCamp and its campers.
● Additional responsibilities as required.
Westside JCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunity and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. To learn more about Westside JCC, find us on the web at westsidejcc.org
Compensation$20.00 to $28.00 an hour, Position is temporary, seasonal, No Benefits and Non-Exempt
● Graduate-level or higher degree in a mental health field. Including, but not limited to social work, mental health counseling, psychology, youth psychiatry, family therapy, etc.
● 3-5 years of post-graduate work experience in a related field.
● Prior camp experience in working with young children.
● Exceptional skill and capacity for engagement and relationship building with both children and their parents.
● Ability to connect and guide staff.
● Understanding of Jewish concepts and values as they relate to JCamp.
● Proven ability to plan, originate and organize programs.
● Proven ability to provide emotional support to a wide range of ages.
● Strong understanding of strategies to ensure campers of varying needs can be part of a mainstreamed program.
● Be a leader, self-starter and strong collaborator.
● Ability to accept guidance, constructive feedback and support.
How to Apply
Interested applicants please email your résumé with a cover letter describing your qualifications to email@example.com. Please use “Camper Care Specialist” as the subject line.
Camper Care Specialist