Care Team StaffAt JCC Camps at Medford
This position is responsible for providing assistance and support to a caseload of campers and staff regarding MESH (mental, emotional, and social health). This individual is a member of the JCC Camps at Medford Leadership Team, reporting to the Camper and Staff Care Director.
This position is funded in part by the Saltzman Foundation.
• Attendance at all Leadership meetings
• Significant role in planning and implementing pre-camp staff orientation and ongoing staff training opportunities specific to social and emotional health
• Actively participate in camper/staff intake and onboarding prior to the summer, reviewing forms and either lead or be involved in family/parent/staff pre-camp communication in relation to mental health for caseload
• Act as a resource for staff and trouble shoot solutions for interpersonal struggles: camper – camper and staff-camper
• Intervention with campers and staff when conflict or behavioral issues occur that cannot be handled by the bunk counselors or division heads.
• Facilitate peer mediations
• Provide informal, non-clinical counseling to campers and staff as needed both individual and group
• Provide positive behavioral support
• Communication with parents as needed
• Prepare resources for parents who need to find additional support for their children
• Prepare SEL lesson plans for counselors to use during bunk unity periods and Shabbat
• Ongoing data collection to be submitted to Camper and Staff Care Director
CompensationTo Be Determined
• Hold a graduate-level or higher degree in a mental health field. Including, but not limited to: social work, mental health counseling, psychology, youth psychiatry, family therapist, etc. A graduate level student may also be considered.
• Preferred: Have prior experience working with camp and/or relevant recreation and/or youth work
How to Apply
To apply please reach out to email@example.com.
JCC Camps at Medford
Care Team Staff
1301 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill, New Jersey, 08003, United States