Chief Marketing OfficerAt Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
Chief Marketing Officer
Kaplen JCC is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. The 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds, and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high-quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs. The JCC has a budget of $21M, 45 FTE staff, 29 acres, 3000 family households, and serves 5000 people a day
To learn more, visit https://www.jccotp.org/.
The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of marketing and advertising initiatives which drive growth and expand organizational impact.
As a key member of the senior leadership team, the Chief Marketing Officer will drive the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing philosophy and business strategy in support of the organization’s goal. The position oversees the JCC’s branding, digital & traditional marketing, public relations as well as supports the marketing of development and community outreach programs.
Marketing and Communications Strategy
• Define marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives
• Oversee all aspects of marketing account management, including project management for all active marketing projects, delivering projects on time and within budget
• Oversee the design and execution of multi-channel marketing strategy and campaigns, set and achieve strategic marketing goals related to research, campaign development and execution, paid advertising, social media metrics, email and marketing automation, etc.
• Serve as a key member of the senior management team, working closely with CEO and COO to ensure the organization’s brand and messaging is carried through to staff, lay leadership and the broader community
• Support organization’s overall revenue development strategy and implementation by partnering with senior leaders, board members, and marketing and communications staff to grow the JCC’s reach and impact
• Build a strong culture of collaboration, trust, and credibility within the JCC by enabling and actively promoting a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture and environment
• Act as a steward of the organization’s reputation and lead crisis management communications
• Develop metrics and achieve key marketing and engagement goals, as well as provide oversight for market research, including using data-driven approaches to refine the organization’s marketing strategies with the intention of increasing target audiences
• Leverage data being gathered to inform our execution of the marketing strategy to ensure continued progress forward—recruiting volunteers and generating donations through successful marketing for the entire organization
Qualifications & Skills
• Phenomenal organizational leader with a track record of working with and through other executive leaders and members of an organization to drive strategy at the organizational level
• Leadership experience that includes effective change management, vision setting, innovation, and setting clear priorities, goals, and roadmaps at the enterprise level and for teams
• Astute driver of strategy, including managing teams through strategic pivots and changes
• Experience leading the successful development of systems and processes to effectively and efficiently project manage competing marketing priorities
• Track record of building out marketing functions with thoughtful systems and processes that scale with the organization’s existing structures and during periods of growth
• Be an innovator who takes appropriate business risks and responds thoughtfully to ideas and recommendations outside of core area of expertise; make decisions that balance a variety of factors (costs, risks, short-term vs. long-term impacts, etc.) to achieve optimal outcomes
• Advanced analytical skills, high-level strategy development, problem solving skills (issue identification and prioritization), and effective communication skills, plus the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
• Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task efficiently, and to respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion, as well as the ability to be hands-on as required and to delegate as appropriate
• Experience in building and running an organizational digital transformation, advancing organizational strategy goals, and sustainable growth
• Outstanding analytical, verbal, written, and overall communication skills
• A team player with positive attitude and sense of humor with the ability to mentor junior staff and coach teams for maximum performance, leading by example by managing and showing excellence in execution of their own portfolio
• In carrying out these functions, the CMO leads a team of approximately seven professionals in the marketing department. The CMO also works with board members and other volunteers, as well as other staff at all levels across the entire JCC.
Salary: $120,000- $130,000, commensurate with experience. Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical insurance coverage plus eligible dependents. Generous vacation package and holiday schedule. Flexible work environment.
This position description is based upon material provided by Kaplen JCC, an equal opportunity employer.
Sarah Raful Whinston, Principal
Dave Yi, Associate
Henry Greenblatt, Associate
How to ApplyPlease apply here: https://drgtalent.com/career/chief-marketing-officer-kaplen-jcc-on-the-palisades/?rpid=751298&postid=vDyqqN6Iufw&webapp=1
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
Chief Marketing Officer
411 E Clinton Ave, Tenafly, NJ, 07670, United States