Chief Program Officer – Foundation for Jewish Camp
To help accelerate FJC’s growth and expand its impact, the newly created executive position of Chief Program Officer (CPO) will be a strategic partner to the CEO. The CPO will provide critical leadership, insight, and oversight for all FJC programs, will ensure a robust innovation agenda, and will develop strategic plans to help fuel further growth. In addition, the CPO will have leadership responsibilities for FJC’s expanding data, research, and evaluation strategy and execution.
The CPO will work closely with other senior professional leadership and an engaged board of directors on overall strategic vision and programmatic execution. In collaboration with the CEO, the CPO will be responsible for building, growing, and developing the FJC team and for ensuring alignment and accountability across functions. The CPO will report directly to the CEO and will participate actively on FJC’s senior leadership team.
CompensationThe salary range for this position starts at $225,000 and will be commensurate with skills and experience. FJC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision coverage; a company-paid Group Medical Bridge plan that provides additional out-of-pocket coverage for a variety of medical services; an Employee Assistance Program, which includes robust mental health and wellness resources; commuter benefit; Flexible Spending Account; 401K plan; 15 days paid vacation annually in year one; paid parental leave; early closure on Friday afternoons and major holiday eves; and office closure for all major Jewish and secular holidays.
FJC seeks a Chief Program Officer who resonates with the following:
- You know how to motivate and inspire people to embrace change and to coalesce around ideas and a common direction;
- You can prioritize a diverse and demanding workload; set attainable expectations; delegate appropriately; and hold yourself and collaborators accountable to deadlines, milestones, and a high level of excellence;
- You demonstrate agility and resilience, consistently anticipating what may lie ahead while also maintaining comfort when navigating ambiguity;
- You have a deep belief in our mission and a passion for Jewish Camp – both day and overnight;
- You have the ability to work independently and decisively while engendering a cooperative spirit with the CEO and Board;
- You are an energetic, passionate and dynamic leader who can manage and lead high-performing professionals and foster the team’s professional development; and
- You have a positive attitude and approach your work with curiosity, humor, and a growth mindset.
- Lead a program, innovation, and strategy team of nearly two dozen people in multiple locations.
- Work closely with the CEO, professional staff, and the Board to continuously update, and implement FJC’s strategic vision and core values.
- Identify, develop, and implement new initiatives and opportunities to enhance and expand FJC’s programmatic offerings in conjunction with FJC cross-functional teams which include: Marketing & Communications, Financial Resource Development, Finance, Administration and Technology.
- Oversee FJC’s work to expand data, research, and program evaluation capabilities; build and sustain a learning culture; and drive our efforts to accelerate innovation for the field.
- Provide strategic leadership by being actively involved in the day-to-day oversight, coordination, and prioritization of all programs and services, leveraging a broad and deep knowledge of all the field of Jewish camp, and maintaining strong credibility with our funders and stakeholders.
- Oversee effective program management and systems to ensure the successful implementation of FJC’s programmatic activities, ensuring cooperation, and fostering collaboration.
- Represent FJC effectively to our various external constituencies with knowledge, passion, and integrity, and advocate successfully among major funders and donors.
- Guide the development and implementation of organizational initiatives to manage performance and strengthen capacity.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the CEO and Board of Directors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BA/BS or advanced degree with a minimum of 15 years relevant experience as a leader, manager, or administrator of a complex organization (for-profit and/or non-profit) required.
- Direct experience prioritizing and managing a complex and growing programmatic agenda and professional team required – preferably within Jewish communal work or directly within the field of Jewish camp;
- Demonstrated ability to convey the organization’s strategies and programs to a broad array of people and organizations, and to work independently and decisively while engendering a cooperative spirit with the CEO and Board;
- Superior analytical, abstract reasoning and excellent organization skills;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to powerfully speak and write about our mission to both internal and external audiences; and
- Either tech-savvy or a quick study when it comes to collaborative tech tools — familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce, and Asana a plus.
How to Apply
To learn more and apply for this position, please visit www.jewishcamp.org/cpo
Foundation for Jewish Camp is an equal opportunity employer.
Chief Program Officer – Foundation for Jewish Camp