Community Care AssociateAt Crane Lake Camp
The Community Care Associate is responsible for supporting mental, physical, and social wellbeing of campers and staff along with the entire Community Care Team, as well as supporting the creation and maintenance of a positive staff culture in partnership with the Staff Care & Engagement Coordinator.
Your Camper Care responsibilities at camp will include:
1) Review of all camper files before arrival at camp
2) Support for children with emotional needs, in collaboration with their counselors and unit heads, and the Camper Care Coordinator.
3) Calls to parents and medical professionals in a courteous, professional manner.
4) Maintenance of appropriate logs and records.
5) Support for the unit heads with discipline issues, moments of sadness, social challenges, and campers’ inability to adjust to the camp environment.
6) Assistance to the Director or designee with camper and parent issues.
7) General supervision of campers and staff on and off during working hours.
8) Sharing in responsibilities of Leadership Team (occasional night O.D., coverage during staff meetings, attendance at all camp wide events, etc.)
9) Serving as a positive role model.
10) Other duties as from time to time may be assigned.
Your Staff Care responsibilities at camp will include:
1) Creation and management of initiatives to foster positive staff culture
2) Providing guidance and support for staff, in partnership with the Staff Care & Engagement Coordinator
a. Listening to staff feedback and concerns, and communicating observations with the Directors
b. Serving as a liaison between staff and their co’s or supervisors, as needed.
c. Assistance in communicating camp policies and procedures as they relate to staff
3) Assistance in welcoming, onboarding, and support for staff
a. Coordinating staff arrivals and welcome to camp in collaboration with the Associate Director
b. Serving as a point person for new international staff as they settle into camp and American culture
c. Support for staff days off
4) Sharing in responsibilities of Leadership Team (occasional night O.D., coverage during staff meetings, attendance at all camp wide events, etc.)
5) Embodying staff culture values of Interdependence, Gratitude, Pride and Shiga’on, and instill them in the staff through being an active and positive role model
6) Other duties as from time to time may be assigned
• Proven experience working successfully in team-based settings
• Experience working with children
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Highly developed administrative skills
• Flexitivity – A positive attitude about being flexible in a dynamic workspace
• The ability to work independently and proactively, as well as the capacity for effective collaboration and support of others
How to Apply
Apply Online at https://cranelakecamp.org/work-at-camp/ or email Brett Hausler, Associate Director, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Crane Lake Camp
Community Care Associate
46 State Line Road, West Stockbridge, MA, 01266, United States