Community Care DirectorAt Camp Interlaken JCC
Under the supervision of the Camp Social Worker, the Community Care Director is a part of the team that is responsible for the social, emotional success of campers and staff at Camp Interlaken JCC. The Community Care Director serves as the leader of the Community Care team, and they help to facilitate positive relationships and group dynamics amongst camper groups serving as a liaison between campers, counselors, leadership, and camp directors.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Work directly with campers to help build positive relationships.
- Work with counselors to understand the social dynamics between campers in each cabin
- Work directly with individual campers who are having personal challenges with mental, emotional, and social health
- Partner with social worker to create staff training sessions pertaining to MESH.
- Work directly with individual staff navigating their own MESH challenges.
- Provide on-going support to staff in determining the appropriate response to campers’ behavioral /emotional/ mental health needs
- Create proper documentation of Camper Care issues and relevant communications with parents/staff
- Review camper files prior to each session for the purpose of assessing and anticipating campers’ needs
- Debrief and provide support and guidance to campers and/or staff after camper disclosures, crises, or stressful/traumatic events
- Serve as an emotional resource to staff when needed
- Attend staff meetings regularly
- Work closely with the health center to monitor the overlap of physical and emotional wellbeing of campers
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to staff when responding to situations that arise with campers, including adjustment issues and/or separation anxieties, homesickness, moments of sadness, or other mental health concerns
- Keep Director and appropriate other key leadership informed of all camper situations and issues as they arise
- Consult with parents to provide updates and problem solve any challenges in situations where behavior or adjustment issues arise
- Supervise the Zen Den, the sensory space in camp, and restock it as needed.
Dates: June 7 – August 15, 2022. You will live at camp, and all room & board, travel and meals will be included.
CompensationContract: $5,000 for the summer
- Pursuing a graduate degree or higher-level degree in a mental health field; previous experience in a camp, school or similar setting preferred.
- Desire and ability to work with children and young adults in a camp setting
- Experience with children, teenagers, and adult mental, social, and emotional health
- Must be able to think critically and act swiftly in high stress situations
- Attention to detail in documentation and maintaining records
- Must possess excellent communication skills and comfort in communicating with children, young adults, and parents
- Must be caring, empathetic, patient, hardworking, and diligent professional who takes initiative and is creative, enthusiastic, openminded and high-energy
- Must have ability to function both independently and as part of a team
- Minimum Age Requirement: 21+
How to Apply
- Please go to https://interlaken.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App.
- Questions? Please contact Camp Director, Toni Davison Levenberg at email@example.com
- For more information, please go to https://campinterlaken.org/ or call (414)9678240
Camp Interlaken JCC
Community Care Director