CounselorAt Camp Seneca Lake
Counselors are the front-line staff for providing a safe, unforgettable, and uniquely Jewish summer experience for campers. Counselors are responsible for the direct care of campers which includes ensuring camper’s good hygiene and health, writing and facilitating bunk and
village activities, assisting at Program Areas, performing evening duties in the bunk/village on a rotating schedule, teaching CITs best practices for being staff at CSL, and working in conjunction with all other camp staff to provide a healthy living and learning environment for all.
Counselors report directly to their Unit Head. Counselors may be assigned to any of the Villages in camp including but not limited to
Tuscarora, Mohawk, Seneca, Cayuga, Onondaga. Applicants for Tuscarora must request the supplementary Tuscarora application.
Counselors must be Lifeguard certified or willing to be trained, previous childcare experience preferred, 18+ years old preferred.
• Be responsible for the general health and safety of all campers and staff
• Establish an atmosphere in which campers feel secure, happy, and included
• Supervise campers under their immediate care at all time
• Ensure campers and staff adhere to camp rules
• Act as a positive role model
• Participate in all camp activities and supervisory initiatives
• Cooperate with all other staff regarding matters of rules, safety, and program
• Other duties as assigned by Unit Head, Program Area Leader, and CSL Directors
Must be available for the entirety of the dates listed below.
• General Staff Orientation begins June 26th, 2022
• Camp season ends August 17th, 2022
• Other mandatory training dates TBD
• Approximately (7) paid days off during the Camp season
• Full time hours including days, nights and weekends
• Competitive pay plus Room and Board
RequirementsDates: Must be available for the entirety of the dates listed below. • General Staff Orientation begins June 26th, 2022 • Camp season ends August 17th, 2022 • Other mandatory training dates TBD Compensation: • Must live onsite with approximately (7) paid days off during the Camp season • Full time hours including days, nights and weekends
How to ApplyPlease apply online at https://campsenecalake.com/Alumni-Jobs/2022-Staff-Application
Camp Seneca Lake
200 Camp Rd, Penn Yan, NY, 14527, United States