Development and Administrative ManagerAt Camp Laurelwood
Camp Laurelwood is seeking an engaging, motivated, hard-working, and creative professional to join our team as Development and Administrative Manager. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Executive Director. Due to COVID, the position will start out as a remote position, with the expectation, that when safe, the Development and Administrative Manager will work partially at camp, especially during the summer. Housing is available for the right candidate during the summer season. Some travel throughout the region is expected. The anticipated salary for this position is between $40,000-$45,000.
The Development and Administrative Manager will:
• Manage all data, including Network for Good database throughout the year and support the Office Manager’s oversight of our Campminder database during the summer season
• Provide support for annual fundraising plan as developed by our Executive Director and Development Chair
• In coordination with the Executive Director, develop and implement strategies for donor cultivation, recognition, and ongoing stewardship
• Maintain deadlines, including grant milestones, funding deadlines, reporting schedules, program deadlines, and project completion targets
• Provide administrative and development support for the Office Manager and Executive Director
• Research grant possibilities, serve as the liaison to grant agency professional staff, and submit grant documents
• Represent Camp Laurelwood at JCamp180, Foundation for Jewish Camp, and other convenings, as appropriate
RequirementsThe ideal candidate: • Shares a deep commitment to supporting our campers and community • Pays meticulous attention to detail • Is a collaborative team player • Is a self-starter who likes to work on different projects • Has excellent communication skills – in-person, on phone/video, and in writing (writing sample required) • Is proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; Network for Good or other fundraising database experience a plus • Has a desire for professional growth, and an interest in relationship building • Proficiency in Canva and other graphic design programs preferred • Experience in creating online eblasts, social media campaigns, and working with graphic designers a plus • Knowledge of the Jewish community, with experience in residential camping a plus About Us: Camp Laurelwood is a Jewish residential summer camp program that has been based at our home in Madison, CT since 1937. As Connecticut’s premier Jewish overnight camp, we are a centerpiece of the Connecticut Jewish community. Our campers come from across the region, and Camp is welcoming to everyone regardless of their race, sexual orientation, gender identity, or Jewish background. Especially in these challenging times when community is so important, we’re excited to build and strengthen a culture of philanthropy and continued connection among campers, staff, families, alumni, and friends. We are a small professional staff of creative and friendly folks, and are eager to welcome someone new to our team.
How to ApplyPlease email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. As a later part of the interview process, we will also request a writing sample.
Development and Administrative Manager
463 Summer Hill Road, Camp Laurelwood, Madison, CT, 06443, United States