Development AssociateAt Moshava Alevy
Working with the Executive Director, the Development Associate is responsible for overseeing the planning and implementation of all of BALA’s fundraising activities. He/She will serve as staff to the board’s engagement committee. He/She will develop relationships within the community and alumni to support the organization’s operating budget and year-round activities. The Development Associate will work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to set an annual fundraising goal.
– In coordination with the Executive Director, design an overall development plan which includes a timeline and the resources needed for alumni outreach, major donor relationships, annual fundraising, and the capital campaign.
– Plan, organize, and help to implement all fundraising activities which may include special events, house parties, direct mail, cultivation visits, solicitation visits, and phone-a-thons.
Major Donor Relations
– Work with lay leaders and Executive Director to identify and rate potential donors.
– In coordination with the Executive Director, develop strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for each individual major donor.
Public Relations and Communications
– In coordination with the Executive Director, write and prepare all materials needed for fundraising including newsletter, email, brochures, annual appeals, capital campaign materials, etc.
– Work with outside vendors for design, printing and mailing of development materials.
– Organize and lead on-site tours for major donors, prospects and others to camp.
– Represent camp on community boards and at meetings where the camp needs to be in attendance.
– Create and implement an annual plan for outreach and alumni activities.
– Coordinate and facilitate alumni annual events (target of 2 events, one for older alumni and one for younger)
Running Springs Community Engagement
– Work with BALA’s Retreat Center Director to maintain relationships with Running Springs Fire, Police, and neighbors.
– Draft and send quarterly communications to the Running Springs community about our program and site.
Board of Director Meetings
– Attend all Board meetings.
– Prepare fundraising reports for Board meetings.
– Provide direct staff assistance to appropriate Board committees
– Responsible for maintaining donor database and accurate donor records.
– Responsible for all activities related to donor communication, which includes thank you notes, gift acknowledgements and donor recognition programs.
– Work with the bookkeeper to assure timely generation of pledge reminders.
– Provide regular reports to the Executive Director and Board on fundraising activities.
– Serve as a member of the staff leadership team and help assure that all programs succeed when needed.
– Provide assistance and support to the Executive Director on strategic thinking, community relations and Board development.
– Coordinate administrative and public relations work with other camp staff.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and at least three years’ experience in increasingly responsible development roles.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership skills along with a collaborative and collegial work style.
- Understanding and experience in working with volunteers.
- Knowledge of the Jewish Community.
- Experience and skills in developing and managing budgets.
- Proven record in creating and managing events.
- Ability to multitask, juggle competing priorities and delegate to others.
- Experience in identifying gift opportunities.
How to ApplyTo apply, please email CV and Cover Letter to Avi Matanky at email@example.com
1101 S Robertson Blvd. #105, Los Angeles, California, 90035, United States