Director of Development & Strategic AdvancementAt Young Judaea Sprout Camps
Young Judaea Sprout Camps is looking for an expereinced, motivated, high energy person who loves Jewish overnight camp to jion our year round team.
WHO ARE WE?
CYJ Sprout Lake is located in the majestic Hudson Valley of New York on 86 acres. For over 45 years, we have been known for excelling in creating a safe space for children through our dedication to their emotional, physical and spiritual well-being. We inspire Jewish children to live their best lives, connect to Israel and the Jewish people, and to make a difference in the world.
WHO ARE YOU?
We are commited to building an innovative team of relationship builders & innovators. If many
(even if not all) of the following describe you, we’d love to hear from you!
• You have a deep love for overnight summer camp. Your formal education, professional history and personal experiences inform your work day to day!
• You are a relationship builder, you’re a people person who thrives on making connections, leveraging relationships and inspiring others
• You have meaningful experience in fundraising and your not afraid to make the pitch and seal the deal.
• You are self motivated, but you know its all about the team.
• You are a skilled communicator- in writing, on the phone, zoom and face to face.
o You’re a natural storyteller
o You are curious and an excellent listener
o You have the confidence to speak with someone you don’t know yet
• You are a strategic and operation thinker
o You can set priorities, manager timelines and meet deadlines
o You are comfortable and experienced with data and data management systems
o You are detailed oriented and consistently accurate
Requirements• You will be a core member of the Sprout Camps professional team-supervised by the Executive Director and dedicated on building a culture of philanthropy, relationships and operational excellence
• You will collaboratively develop strategy for ongoining cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and then you will go out and do it.
o You will craft solicitation material including digital appeals, newsletters and special campaigns
o You will write and edit grant proposals and reports
o You will plan, execute and staff events
• You will focus on expanding, developing and strengthening our donor base
o In partnership with colleagues and volunteers you will identify new prospects
o You will maintains a schedule of outreach and solicitations monthly
• You will support the Executive Director in managing the board, including meeting preparation, volunteer engagement and on going communication
• You will partner with alumni volunteers to facilitate engagement initiatives
• You will upkeep donor records
• You will wake up everyday knowing the work you are doing is making a difference in the world
How to ApplyThis position is ideally based in our office in Westchester, NY. In the summer months, the position should expect to spend a number of weeks in residence at our Verbank, NY location.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter telling us your story and why you're excited by this position to Helene@cyjsproutlake.org.
Young Judaea Sprout Camps
Director of Development & Strategic Advancement
500 Yorktown Road, Croton On Hudson, New York, 10520, United States