Educational DirectorAt United Synagogue of Hoboken
The United Synagogue of Hoboken is a vibrant, welcoming and participatory urban congregation just across the Hudson River from Manhattan. The vitality of our 300+ household egalitarian Conservative congregation, founded in 1905, is evident in our inclusive approach that appeals to people of all ages, genders, and backgrounds. We are known as a warm and open community that strives to support each individual to connect with Judaism in the way that is most suitable for them.
The Learning Center at the United Synagogue of Hoboken educates 100+ students in grades K-8 with classes on weekday afternoons and Shabbat mornings, plus offers a program event series for students in grades 9-12. The Learning Center is dedicated to giving our students the foundation of Jewish education in a nurturing, engaging and loving environment. We help each student grow to embrace a strong, positive, and meaningful Jewish identity and to incorporate the richness of Jewish heritage into their daily life.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking a full-time Educational Director, to begin July 1, 2022. This position will be supervised by our Rabbi and will work in collaboration with the Director of the Kaplan Cooperative Preschool and other synagogue staff.
● Lead our educational programs for students from Grades K-12
● Manage a team of 20+ part-time teachers including hiring, training, and mentoring
● Oversee curriculum that prepares students for a vibrant and engaged Jewish life, including opportunities for experiential Jewish learning in and out of the classroom
● Strengthen our program’s culture of community by organizing events and activities that engage students and families
● Supervise the Youth Advisor in the development of teen programming
● Communicate the program’s vision effectively to families, the USH community, and the larger community as both a parent connector and a school promoter
RequirementsQUALIFICATIONS ● Passion for Jewish education and family engagement ● Competence in Hebrew ● Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Jewish Education or relevant field preferred ● Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, including supervisory experience and experience working with parents
How to ApplyInterested applicants should email email@example.com with subject “Educational Director Search,” and include a cover letter and Resume/CV.
United Synagogue of Hoboken
115 Park Ave, Hoboken, NJ, 07030, United States