Executive DirectorAt DRG Talent Advisory
The Opportunity: EngageCo
An exciting new initiative is launching in Baltimore. EngageCo is the placeholder name and in partnership with the Board, the Executive Director will lead the final naming and branding process. EngageCo seeks to enrich the lives of Baltimoreans by engaging more people in lifelong Jewish living and learning, and volunteer service. This is our response to declining connections to Jewish life and community. Informed by data, EngageCo intends to enhance the Jewish customer journey by leveraging the programmatic resources and relationships of the Associated system and beyond. EngageCo is founded on current, successful engagement initiatives of the Macks Center for Jewish Education and educational and hands-on volunteering initiatives of Jewish Volunteer Connection.
Unique features of EngageCo include:
– A focus on meaningful, relevant Jewish experiences and learning to spark evolving and durable Jewish identity
– A commitment to engaging volunteers in meaningful community service as an expression of Jewish values
– A goal of motivating “next steps” for lifelong Jewish journeys
– Coordinating collaborative engagement resources throughout Baltimore and beyond
– A commitment to data that provides continuous listening and responsiveness to community members
Mission: To support Jewish life adventures for Baltimoreans through Jewish learning and living, and service
Vision: A vibrant community that ignites and sustains lifelong Jewish journeys of Baltimoreans
EngageCo seeks a visionary, experienced leader who will serve as its inaugural Executive Director. You will create, lead and grow a new organization designed to significantly impact Jewish life in Baltimore.
Responsibilities will include:
– Developing strategies for motivating and inspiring more Baltimoreans to engage in Jewish life
– Scaling up the continued engagement of Jewish Baltimoreans in existing hands-on volunteering initiatives and family engagement strategies
– Ensuring high-quality, diverse, and engaging Jewish content that is relevant and meaningful
– Leveraging partnerships and collaborations within Baltimore and nationally
– Building a professional team that prizes excellence and impact while supporting and inspiring each other’s success
– Promoting deep relationships and connections between Baltimoreans
– Establishing a culture of continuous data collection, analysis, and usage as foundational to achieving EngageCo goals
– Utilizing current digital tools throughout the work of EngageCo
– Developing a name and brand that expresses the mission of EngageCo
– Fostering a culture of excellence, openness and teamwork among staff and Board so there is seamless collaboration to achieve the goals of EngageCo
– Effectively managing financial resources for EngageCo
– Participate in Associated system planning and fundraising strategies and initiatives
Compensation160000 - 200000
RequirementsWho You Are:
- An entrepreneurial leader willing to take risks and create bold strategies
- An effective, energetic leader with a Jewish heart and a strategic mind
- A creative, risk-taker and problem-solver
- A skilled user of data to drive successful decision making with a customer-first frame
- An articulate and effective communicator
- A highly successful builder and manager of teams
- An astute developer of innovative solutions
- An inclusive and accessible implementor with an interest in engaging individuals at every age and stage in their Jewish journey
- Demonstrated successful track record in non-profit or business management and growth
- Strong knowledge of and commitment to Jewish activity, culture, values, traditions, and celebrations
- An articulate communicator – verbal and written
- An established record of successfully leveraging partnerships and resources
- Experience engaging all sects of Judaism
- Connections to other communities
- A commitment to diversity and equity
- Effective management and development of a professional team
- Ability to create, analyze and effectively utilize data to drive ongoing decision-making
- A business development mindset with a commitment to innovation
- Experience with successful fundraising
The Associated Partnership:
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore (https://associated.org/) has long served the needs of the Baltimore Jewish community including an estimated 95,000 individuals. From its humble beginnings to today, the organization has evolved to serve its constituents with urgency, compassion, and a commitment to Jewish values. The Associated and its network of agencies work collaboratively to make a critical difference in the lives of Jews in Baltimore, in Israel and around the world while positively improving the larger community in which we live and work.
In evaluating trends and data and in planning for a bright future for our community, The Associated has initiated a reorganization of its non-profit, agency network. The goal is to intensify efforts to engage with more Baltimoreans in the breadth and depth of Jewish living and learning. EngageCo is being launched to accomplish this goal.
Salary range of $160,000-$200,000 commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
NOTE: All active full-time, part-time, and temporary staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19) as a condition of employment within The Associated system as of November 15, 2021.
How to ApplyThis position description is based upon material provided by The Associated, an equal opportunity employer.
Sarah Raful Whinston
Senior Talent Consultant
To apply to this position please visit www.DRGsearch.com
DRG Talent Advisory
275 Madison Ave., New York, NY, 10016, United States