Finance & Administrative InternAt Foundation for Jewish Camp
FJC fosters excellence and accelerates innovation at Jewish camps across North America by developing adaptive talent, deepening immersive learning experiences, and catalyzing field growth. Founded in 1998, FJC elevates Jewish camp on the cultural and philanthropic agenda, creating opportunities to engage even more young people in Jewish camp through groundbreaking programs such as One Happy Camper® and FJC’s Specialty Camps Incubator. FJC advocates for over 300 day and overnight camps that provide nearly 180,000 campers and counselors each summer with a meaningful, personal, and lifelong connection to Judaism.
Bring your passion for and curiosity about finance operations to a dynamic organization that has deep and wide impact on the field of Jewish camp. Reporting to the Controller and in close partnership with the accounting team, the Finance and Administrative Intern will participate in accounting activities as well as assist in office operations. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
This is a part-time, paid ($15/hr) position, estimated at 10-15 hours/week. The internship will span an initial period of 3 months, with potential to extend.
• Satisfactory completion of introductory college level accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles
• Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Excel
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• High level of integrity, efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
• Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume, along with salary requirements, to HR@jewishcamp.org.
Due to the volume of candidates only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Foundation for Jewish Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Foundation for Jewish Camp
Finance & Administrative Intern
253 W. 35th Street, 4th Floor, New York, New York, 10001, United States