Head Counselor (Multiple Leadership Positions)At Camp Tel Noar
Essential Responsibilities for Head Counselor:
• To adhere to the Cohen Camps Personnel Practices, Policies and Code of Conduct, including your specific camps handbook
• To demonstrate positive and responsible behavior, respect for camp vision, attitude and work ethic
• To live in assigned adult community,
• To respect diversity of camp staff, their practices and customs
Department Responsibilities as Assigned:
• Work with Camp’s Director during the winter months to prepare upcoming season’s theme, to review and upgrade new staff orientation curriculum, to review male camper confidential prior to staff orientation week.
• Lead and oversee bunk life, and maintain the welfare, health, safety and security of all campers, including community building,
• Participate in daily status meetings with Director and members of the Leadership Team, and weekly head counselor meetings,
• Observe, supervise, and evaluate unit leaders/team leaders/bunk staff mid-summer and end-of-season,
• Facilitate “hands-on” workshops during staff training week, and throughout the summer, for all staff members,
• Communicate with parent/guardian and initiate calls to parents/guardians when camper discussions are appropriate,
• Attend and assist the Program staff with evening activities in a supervisory role.
• Other administrative duties as delegated by the Director or Assistant Director, including end of season reports.
Compensation$5000 to $6000
RequirementsGeneral Qualifications/Requirements Head Counselor: • Bachelor’s degree in education, sociology, social work, psychology, HPER, Human Services or Community Youth Work; Masters preferred. • Work with children ages 7 to 15, including roles as educator in an informal educational environment or classroom setting, • Experience as camp counselor experience as Assistant Head Counselor, Unit Leader, or Head Counselor at a day or residential camp. • Proven skills to supervise creative scheduling and programs, and to supervise and evaluate staff. • Current CPR and First Aid certifications. • Preferred experience as a youth group advisor and/or leader at a community center, college/university, or with a religious organization.
How to Applyhttps://telnoar.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App
Camp Tel Noar
Head Counselor (Multiple Leadership Positions)
888 Worcester Street, Suite 350, Wellesley, Massachusetts, 02482, United States