Jewish Life CoordinatorAt Camp Airy
Camp Airy Jewish Life Coordinator
Camp Airy is a pluralistic Jewish resident summer camp in Thurmont, MD for boys aged 7-17. For nearly 100 years, young men have been coming to Camp Airy to participate in fun and exciting activities, challenge themselves and grow as individuals, and connect with their Jewish heritage and community. Each week at camp there is a designated Jewish value campers and staff strive towards. Each weekend we have Friday night and Saturday morning Shabbat services, and after Shabbat dinner, the community participates in Israeli dancing and singing. Our “Jewish Life” page ( https://www.airylouise.org/about-us/jewish-life/ ) on our website provides some more information about the ways we practice and celebrate our Judaism. The Jewish Life Coordinator (JLC) plays a key role in planning and facilitating these programs.
The Jewish Life Coordinator will have responsibilities including:
• Coordinating Shabbat service content and leaders
• Acting as a Shabbat service leader
• Participating in song and dance sessions
• Assisting to bring Jewish values into camp-wide programming
• Acting as the liaison for Cornerstone Fellows (Staff who have a focus on Jewish/Israeli programming)
• Coordinate and lead Havdallah on Saturday nights, assisted by song leader
The JLC lives onsite, at our beautiful camp, for the duration of the summer season (June 14-August 15). Room and board are provided.
Due to potential Covid restrictions this summer, it is anticipated that camp may operate in a closed bubble. Time off and other self-care opportunities, on property, would be a regular part of your schedule.
The Jewish Life Coordinator would ideally have the following qualifications:
• Knowledge of Shabbat prayers and experience leading services
• Experience teaching Jewish content to kids and/or teens
• A strong desire to work with youth
How to Apply
If you are interested in hearing more about our planned policies for next summer, or if you have any other questions about camp or the position, please reach out to email@example.com. To apply, send a message to the same address, and we’ll get back to you shortly about arranging a time to speak.
To learn more about our amazing camp, check out our website.
We hope you consider joining us this summer!
Jewish Life Coordinator
14938 Old Camp Airy Rd, Thurmont, MD, 21788, United States