Jewish Life Director and Song LeaderAt Camp Zeke
Spend an incredible summer, as a part of a wonderful, growing camp community! Camp Zeke is a Jewish overnight camp in Lakewood, PA that celebrates healthy, active living, joyful Judaism, culinary arts and organic foods. Camp Zeke is seeking a mission aligned Jewish Life Director and Song Leader to join our team from June 14 – August 9, 2022, as well as to be the leading Jewish educator for our new Jewish family camp programs in early June and late August.
• The Jewish life director is responsible for designing and implementing Camp Zeke’s Jewish program and weaving music into the fabric of camp life. The ideal candidate should play guitar, have prior song-leading experience, be an engaging storyteller, and have a magnetic personality to inspire campers and make them excited about joyful Judaism.
• Lead Camp Zeke’s “G-d Squad” (a group of counselors who help with camp’s Jewish programs) and the visiting rabbi’s program (we have various rabbis come for brief periods throughout the summer).
• Facilitate Shabbat programming, including Friday night services, Saturday morning Shabbat options, a Shabbat Torah skit, and Havdalah.
• Responsible for ensuring that the dining room has a holy mood and appropriate feel for the Friday night meal, using camper art projects to achieve that goal. The Jewish life director should help create a camp culture in which the entire week builds up to Shabbat.
• Partner with specialty staff to integrate Jewish content into daily programming, placing an emphasis on shmirat ha’guf or taking care of the body, so campers learn the link between healthy living and Judaism. In this capacity, the Jewish life director should create a resource document for camp’s specialists, which provides various Jewish teachings about shmirat ha’guf and our other key values.
• Lead and teach American and Hebrew folk songs in camp-wide song sessions after meals, during Jewish programs, in campfire settings, and during various down times. Also lead blessings before and after meals.
• Take the lead in developing our Jewish rituals and curriculum for our new JFAM (Jewish Family Camp) programs which will take place in early June and later August.
• Finally, the Jewish life director is responsible for taking a leadership role in shaping the culture of camp and building a sense of ruach (spirit) in the community.
Compensation$2000 per month
Requirements• The ideal candidate should have a degree in Judaic Studies, Jewish Communal Work or a related field or rabbinic ordination.
• They should be able to actively lead both Judaic and secular song sessions.
• Good organizational and time management skills are essential.
• A passion for working with youth in a camp setting and the ability to lead our campers and staff in a joyful and engaging manner is a must.
• Must be available to live on-site from June 14 to August 9, 2022, as well as the weekend of June 3- 5 and two additional weekends in late August or early September to be determined.
How to ApplyTo apply, please complete our online application: https://zeke.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App
or send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewish Life Director and Song Leader
31 Barry Watson Way, Lakewood, PA, 18439, United States