Koret FellowshipAt Jewish Family & Children's Services
Empower teens to bring about change and support communities in need, guided by Jewish values and wisdom. As a Koret Fellow, you’ll receive training in engagement, social action and community building, and learn how to seamlessly weave Judaism into your work as a JFCS teen engagement professional. To excel in this role, you must believe teens can change the world and consider service an inherently Jewish value.
Koret Fellowship Dates: Sept. 1, 2022 – Aug. 31, 2023
The Koret Fellowship is a paid, one-year professional experience for recent college grads, who bring their raw talent, passion, and skills to the YouthFirst team! The Fellowship also provides a unique opportunity to become more knowledgeable of the Bay Area Jewish community and its local organizations.
If you’re team-oriented, never give up, and truly believe that you must “be the change you wish to see in the world,” then this is the position for you! Extensive Jewish education is not necessary — just an interest in creating a vibrant Jewish community, a commitment to learning, and the desire to make a difference in the lives of students and the world.
Who you are:
• You believe that teens have the potential to change the world.
• You are excited about engaging Jewish teens in social action conversations.
• You see community service as a Jewish responsibility and are excited to help others see this as well.
• You are comfortable with the idea that social change occurs through multiple modalities, including volunteering,
education, advocacy and Jewish service learning.
• You believe that education can be infused into experiences that captivate the imagination.
• You are a collaborator and love working with a team to solve problems and try new things.
What you’ll get out of it:
• High-level professional development to help build core skills including professional communication, public
speaking, building connections and collaborative relationships, and event coordination
• Being a “brand ambassador” for a high-profile community organization
• A chance to set some personal and professional goals and choose an area of growth; receive support to achieve
• Be part of a large multi-faceted organization serving 120,000 people with over 40 programs. You will contribute
to the growth of JFCS and gain exposure to a broad range of professional roles and functions.
• Mentoring and career coaching to help you during and after your Fellowship.
• Intensive Jewish summer and year-long learning experiences that will provide you with the knowledge, passion,
and critical tool kit to fuel your work building our Jewish communities.
• A robust array of benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays; vacation and sick leave;
403(b) plan; and life and disability insurance.
• You will be paid $25.64 per hour, working full time (37.5 hours/week) for one year.
Questions? Please reach out to Linda Karlin, firstname.lastname@example.org or Natan Kuchar, email@example.com
How to ApplyApplications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply at: https://forms.office.com/r/cWHZQeWjCz
Jewish Family & Children's Services
2245 Post St, San Francisco, CA, 94115, United States