Manager of Youth and Family ProgrammingAt Temple Sholom
Temple Sholom, located in Greenwich, CT is seeking a full time Manager of Youth & Family Programming to support a vibrant and growing congregation with over 600 member families. This person will work in our religious school, be an advisor to our teens, plan and staff youth programs and help coordinate young family religious and holiday programming.
Exceptional candidates will be enthusiastic (think ruach) team players who bring their vast experience with youth and teens. Summer camp or Youth Group experiences a plus. Candidate should have excellent project management, program planning, execution and administrative skills. We are looking for a team player; someone who has a “can-do” attitude, is pro-active, creative and able to collaborate with other staff members.
This full time position will include benefits. Work hours will vary but candidate must be available on Sunday mornings when the religious school is in session; Tuesday evenings for BBYO meetings; and occasional nights and weekends when programs are scheduled.
Regular responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Religious School Teacher – for 7th grade. Design and implement hands-on social action curriculum, plus teach some Jewish history. Previous teaching experience is not required for the right candidate
• Coordinator of Madrichim (leadership development) program for 8th – 12th graders. This includes planning workshops, cultivate and empower teen leadership, oversee volunteer assignments, coordinate with teachers who utilize madrichim.
• BBYO Advisor (8th – 12th graders): The Greenwich chapter of BBYO meets out of and is supported by Temple Sholom. Candidate will be required to attend weekly meetings, conferences, supervise meetings, recruit new members, advise teen board.
• Youth Program Coordinator (K-7th grades): Set educational, programmatic and engagement goals for the youth of Temple Sholom. Plan monthly and implement monthly programs for youth (divided into K-5th and 6th – 8th grades). Responsible for all pre-planning, logistics and staffing.
• Young Family Program Coordinator: Plan and implement holiday and Shabbat programs geared for young families.
• Coordinator of College Outreach Program: Cultivate a list of college age members and send cards and/or holiday packages to them.
How to ApplyEmail resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Manager of Youth and Family Programming
300 E. Putnam Avenue, Greenwich, ct, 06830, United States