Music Department HeadAt Camp Louise
Camp Louise is a resident summer camp for girls, ages 7-17, located in Cascade, MD. Every summer, we host hundreds of young women who participate in a wide variety of activities, like sports, arts, music, outdoors, swimming, cookery, and more. Campers at Louise learn new skills, grow as individuals, challenge themselves, and make friends that last a lifetime. Staff at Louise get the opportunity to make a lasting and significant positive impact on our campers. Camp staff are role models and rock stars in the eyes of our campers.
The Music Department at Louise provides a space for campers to learn new skills, as well as develop existing ones. Campers will often learn to play a new instrument at camp, and others bring their own instruments from home. The music department is full of staff with different musical talents, who help kids grow more confident in their skills. Campers and staff members have opportunities to form bands, and showcase their skills to their peers at talent shows, and in other musical performances. In addition to their own activities, the music department staff, along with some enthusiastic campers, help out with musical accompaniment in different camp activities like campfires, camp shows, shabbat services, and special events, like our special 4th of July flag raising ceremony.
The Music Department Head would be responsible for:
• Scheduling music activities for bunks and individuals
• Assigning staff members to bunk activities and private lessons
• Assisting to plan and facilitate any camp-wide musical activities, like camp shows, talent shows, rehearsals, or other special events requiring music
• Assisting Musical Director with making copies, putting together books, arranging/transposing music for various instruments
• Teaching music department staff how to run certain lessons or activities
• Evaluating performance for music department staff and Counselors-in-Training
• Working in tandem with our Song Leader
• Working as a member of the camp administrative team, and fulfilling various supervisory tasks or assisting the Director with other tasks, as needed
The Music Department Head lives onsite, at our beautiful camp, for the duration of the summer season (June 11-August 15). Room and board are provided.
Due to potential Covid restrictions this summer, it is anticipated that camp may operate in a closed bubble. Time off and other self-care opportunities, on property, would be a regular part of your schedule.
If you are interested in hearing more about our planned policies for next summer, or if you have any other questions about camp or the position, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, send a message to the same address, and we’ll get back to you shortly about arranging a time to speak.
To learn more about our amazing camp, check out our website.
We hope you consider joining us this summer!
RequirementsQualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience teaching music to youth
• Experience supervising a team
• Skilled with a variety of instruments and musical styles
• Ability to promote a positive and encouraging space for campers to practice and learn new skills
How to ApplyIf you are interested in hearing more about our planned policies for next summer, or if you have any other questions about camp or the position, please reach out to email@example.com. To apply, send a message to the same address, and we’ll get back to you shortly about arranging a time to speak.
Music Department Head
24959 Pen Mar Rd, Cascade, MD, 21719, United States