Office ManagerAt NJY Camps
Location: Fairfield, NJ (Year-Round); Milford, PA (Summer).
About NJY Camps:
NJY Camps (NJY) is one of North America’s premier Jewish summer camp networks. Comprised of five overnight summer camps, NJY serves children of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities. NJY’s mission focuses on supporting the growth and development of every individual member of its community so that they can learn new skills, develop greater self-confidence, and foster a strong Jewish identity. Having recently celebrated its centennial anniversary, NJY is reimagining its next 100 years. NJY Camp serves more than 3300 campers, over 1100 summer staff, across 2200 acres of land. For more information, please visit our website.
About the Position:
The Office Manager will support the day-to-day running of the year-round office. This will include the organization of the physical office space; clerical responsibilities to support the work of recruiting and hiring thousands of campers and seasonal staff members; supporting the accounting department; and occasional event planning and camper recruitment efforts. During the summer, the Office Manager will relocate to our beautiful campgrounds in Milford, PA and supervise the running of our main administration office, servicing the centralized logistical and administrative needs of our camps. This role is a great opportunity for an individual that wants to pair a flexible year-round work environment with the ability to spend their summers at camp. For an individual with camp aged children, full summer camp tuition is included as part of the benefits package. The Office Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will also work closely and receive assignments from the team of camp directors.
Take Charge of Our Office Building
• Manage all incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and deliveries
• Managing the inventory and ordering of office supplies
• Maintain the needs of the physical office space, including regular and seasonal services, and sourcing specific contractors for identified maintenance or repair issues
• Organize all print collateral, camp swag items, and year-round program supplies
Be Our Welcoming Front of House
• Manage the general phone line, fielding general questions and inquiries, helping families enroll their campers and submit their forms, and transferring calls to camp personnel
• Support camp directors with specific recruitment efforts as necessitated
• Welcome office guests and visitors
Be An Organizational Whiz
• Become versed in our database, CampMinder, assisting individuals with accessing their records
• Log and approve forms as they are received, and conduct periodic data entry
• Supporting administrative functions of the accounting department including filing, invoice
processing, accounts payables, and correspondence with vendors.
Help Support Our Internal and External Facing Relationships
• Coordinate internal office celebrations and gatherings
• Assist with the preparation of board meeting materials and logistics
• Oversee our calendar of camp recruitment events ensuring we have necessary materials
• Organize the sending of gifts for individual occasions and milestone recognitions
Power Our Summer Hub
• Oversee the running of our main administration office during the summer season, supervising one or two seasonal office staff members
• Manage our camps’ summer tour schedule and be on hand to deliver tours
• Assist with outbound communications
• Support major logistical elements of camp including transportation, baggage, early registration, and visiting day.
Skills and Qualities:
• Exemplary attention to detail and the patience, focus, and consistency to maintain accuracy
when processes become routine
• Commitment to the lifestyle associated with full-time resident camp employment: A flexible year-round work environment, coupled with an intense, full-on summer with limited downtime
• Excellent initiative: sees beyond the immediate to intuit what might need doing next
• Strong time-management capabilities and the ability to stay on top of multiple priorities
• Comfortable working in an adaptive and ever-changing work environment
• A collaborative team player who enjoys working with professionals from all generations
• Sense of humor and enthusiasm for blending work and play
• A strong commitment to NJY Camps’ mission and a passion for Jewish summer camp
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary range of $45-$50K based on a full-time 40-hour work week during the off season and living on site at camp during the summer with extended hours and one day off per week. Open
to candidates that might prefer a reduced and prorated work week outside of the summer, with as few as 20 hours/week
• Full health and dental insurance covered at 100%
• Full summer camp tuition included for any eligible camp-aged children (approx. value of $10,000 per child).
• Flexible hours and hybrid office environment
• Paid time off and parental leave
NJY Camps provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. NJY Camps encourages individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. In order to increase equity in hiring, NJY Camps prefers not to receive informal referrals from individuals with personal connections to NJY Camps and cannot factor such referrals into the selection of candidates for interviews.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.
• Two years of relevant, full-time work experience
• Previous experience working in a summer camp setting, or a keen interest in doing so
• Successful track record of performing organizational and administrative duties with accuracy, timeliness, and consistency
• Prior excellence in customer service provision
• Experience working independently and in a flexible work environment
How to ApplyTo Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject: Office Manager. Receipt of all submissions will be acknowledged within two business days.
21 Plymouth Street, Fairfield, NJ, 18337, United States