Operations Manager for Residential Summer ProgramAt Hadar Institute
Hadar seeks an Operations Manager to plan for and run our 4-week Summer Program in July 2021. This person will research, plan and execute all operational needs as pertaining to this program and will serve as a key member of the on-site staff for the duration of the program. The ideal candidate for this role is self-driven, flexible and results-oriented. This person will work closely with program and operations staff as well as faculty. This is a seasonal position with flexibility on hours and location between March-May (around 10 hours per week), ramping up to full-time New York area based work in June and July. In July this person will be on our residential site in Holmes, New York for the duration of the program. Information about the summer program can be found here.
– Determine needs for residential summer program, based on prior experience and/or consultation with other programs. Create plan(s) to meet those needs. Execute plan(s) on site for the duration of the program. Needs will include, but are not limited to: housing, food, materials, AV/IT, transportation, site set up and clean up, coordinating physical and mental health resources for participants.
– Create and execute a comprehensive operations schedule for day-to-day functioning of program including use of different spaces on site, materials needed for classes, meals, informal programming etc.
– Organize and oversee regular rotation of student low-level operations roles like lunch set up (toranut)
– Create and implement a COVID-19 health screening plan and Covid-19 scenario plan with guidance from leadership team.
– Serve as point of contact with incoming students including:
Managing student intake through email to collect all necessary materials
Field questions from students in advance of the program
Develop digital welcome packet for students
– Serve as primary point of contact with facilities and camp staff
– Troubleshoot as needed
Salary commensurate with experience starting at $8,000.
– Operations experience ideally in a residential/summer program setting
– Must be able to be on site for the month of July including the duration of program, set up and clean up. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this person will likely not be allowed off site and visitors may not be allowed.
– Ability to project manage and keep track of multiple projects simultaneously
– Excellence in organizational skills and attention to detail
– Strong communicator
– Flexible approach with a penchant for creative problem solving and adaptability
– Excitement and willingness to take on all tasks and work outside of normal office hours during the course of the summer program
– Entrepreneurial spirit- someone who can self direct and motivate
– Experience working at a camp a plus
– Experience with formal or informal Jewish education a plus
– Facility with Hebrew a plus
– First aid and CPR certified, or ability to become certified before the program starts, a plus
Essential Job Functions:
– Stand for up to eight hours per day possible
– Walk and move throughout camp for physical tasks, travels up hills and stairs
– Lift and carry around 20 lbs repeatedly over distances
– Must be able to communicate verbally and hear instructions
– Be able to see potential hazards in situations
– Use both hands and arms for physical tasks
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting an application through http://hadar.org/jobs#summer-ops-manager
Operations Manager for Residential Summer Program
190 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, New York, 10023, United States