Operations ManagerAt Camp B'nai Brith of Ottawa
Founded in 1935, Camp B’nai Brith of Ottawa (CBBO) has been the summer home for thousands of Jewish children ranging in age from 7 to 16. CBBO is located on beautifully forested land along the scenic shores of the Ottawa River, near Quyon, Quebec, and just 50 kilometers from Ottawa. CBBO’s mission is to provide children with the opportunity to experience the outdoors, learn new skills and develop life-long friendships while enhancing Jewish values, traditions, affiliation, and community. CBBO has excelled in the delivery of traditional camping programs, athletics as well as the arts, enabling children to expand their horizons in a fun, safe, and nurturing environment without regard to their community affiliation, denomination, or financial means.
Working under the supervision of the Director and Associate Director, the Operations Manager is an integral part of the Leadership Team and shares responsibility for planning, implementing, and overseeing all aspects of the organization’s logistics, and will lead and manage all camp operations (seasonal and off-season). This is a full-time position: working from home during the off-season and living at camp during the summer season is required. (The 2024 season runs Sunday, June 30 – Friday, Aug 16. Attendance during pre-camp is also required, dates TBD).
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Using CampMinder (CRM): provide registration support, manage payment processing, prepare various reports and lists, etc.
• Logistics and coordination for staff and camper recruitment events, community events, partner activities, etc.
• Assist with planning of camp summertime trips
• Order programming supplies prior to camp
• Plan, implement and assist with leadership weekend, and supervisor/staff orientation
• Manage camp’s online store
• Basic web site editing
• Manage social media calendar
• Using CampMinder (CRM): manage extensions, prepare various reports and lists, etc.
• Coordinate buses/trucks for: luggage, camper pick-up/drop-off, staff days off, etc.
• Coordinate day off schedule and create weekly On Duty schedules
• Liaise with International staff and support with travel plans and accommodations
• Purchase and monitor canteen inventory
• Manage laundry service/schedule
• Tripping Team support: coordinating transportation, camping supplies, food, etc.
• Manage Visiting Day logistics
• Work with vendors to ensure orders are made, invoices are accurate and payments are made on time
• Camp Safety and Emergency Procedures (in conjunction with the Head of Waterfront)
• This job may include work in other areas of the organization assigned by the Director, Associate Director, Assistant Directors, or Program Director. While there will be an attempt to give advance notice, as is commonplace in a fast-paced, camp setting, there may be times where certain tasks will be last minute.
Compensation50,000 - 60,000
RequirementsREQUIREMENTS & CERTIFICATIONS:
• University degree in a related field.
• 2-4 years experience in a camp, school, or similar setting preferred.
• An ability to think critically and act swiftly in high-stress situations.
• Extremely organized and excellent time management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfort in communication with children and young adults.
• The inclination to be a caring, empathetic, patient, hardworking, and diligent professional who takes initiative and is creative, enthusiastic, open-minded, and high-energy.
• Strong ability to train, manage and evaluate staff.
• Ability to identify and respond to hazards in camp, such as emergency plan implementation (fire evacuation, illness, injury).
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to our Director, Dov “Bear” Shapiro at email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line.
Camp B'nai Brith of Ottawa
7861 Chemin River, Quyon, Quebec, J0X 2VO, Canada