Retreat Center DirectorAt Moshava Alevy - Dovid Oved Retreat Center
Dovid Oved Retreat Center is a summer camp and retreat center located in Running Springs, California. It hosts thousands of guests per year. The site serves two purposes. From June through August, it is the home of Moshava Alevy, a non-profit, overnight summer camp for Orthodox Jewish youth and staff. From September through May, it is available for weekday and weekend rentals by schools, synagogues, churches, corporations, and private individuals for educational, corporate and community retreats. The 20 buildings on site accommodate 350 beds.
This Retreat Center Director oversees all aspects of the site’s operations, including facilities, food service, housekeeping, marketing, hosting, and bookkeeping (accounts receivable and accounts payable), and is responsible for providing leadership for the retreat center through careful marketing, planning, organizing, supervising, and evaluating all facets of the retreat program.
Roles & Responsibilities:
– Oversee site operations, including food service, maintenance, housekeeping, and retreat hosting.
– Manage retreat operations, including marketing, budget, scheduling, guest services, and property maintenance/appearance.
– Promote the Retreat Center through marketing and outreach to synagogues, schools, businesses, and other entities.
– Promote positive external relationships with clients, local organizations and businesses, and neighbors.
– Foster an atmosphere of hospitality, friendliness, and customer service.
– Deliver outstanding customer service to retreat guests, including quick response to guest requests, resolving complaints, and directing corrective action.
– Conduct frequent inspections of guest rooms, public access areas, and grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
– Oversee all lead up communication, including review of weekend rates, and invoicing/payment.
– Recommend and execute cost savings through staff management, planning, and purchasing.
– Oversee purchasing for program areas, including for sports, outdoor adventure, etc.
– Provide monthly financial report to the Executive Director.
– Assist with camp operations
– Manage site staff, including hiring and firing, supervision and motivation, training and development, evaluations, and regular staff meetings.
– Oversee employee and guest adherence to organizational mission, policies, procedures and regulations, with an emphasis on safety and risk management.
– Protect the organization and its assets by establishing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
– Ensure adherence to all federal, state and local laws and regulations (i.e., OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proven track record of successful leadership/managerial performance, ideally in camping, hospitality, or retreat center work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience or ability with Microsoft Office, Excel, and basic computer programs.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills and collaborative/supportive work style.
Personal Qualities Include:
- Proactive, self-motivated, and confident.
- Creative, problem solver, and objective.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities.
- Ability to delegate work assignments.
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moshava Alevy - Dovid Oved Retreat Center
Retreat Center Director
3500 Seymour Road, Running Springs, CA, 92382, United States