Ropes DirectorAt Crane Lake Camp
The Ropes Director is responsible for management of a high ropes, low ropes, and zipline program that is safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities. The Ropes Director supervises the staff, program, and physical operation of the adventure program.
Your responsibilities at camp will include:
1) Planning, direction, and supervision of daily instructional ropes activities on our aerial challenge course, low ropes course, and zipline, in accordance with values such as teamwork and challenge by choice.
2) Direction and supervision of free play at ropes.
3) Training, supervision, and evaluation of all ropes instructors.
4) Development of rotation schedules for ropes instructors.
5) Management of the physical facilities and equipment in the ropes program area, including set up, break down, daily safety checks, and ordering.
6) General safety supervision for all ropes activities.
7) Assistance in supervision of any special events in collaboration with the Program Team.
8) Sharing in responsibilities of Leadership Team (occasional night O.D., coverage during staff meetings, attendance at all camp wide events, etc.)
9) Serving as a positive role model.
10) Other duties as from time to time may be assigned.
• Ropes Course/Facilitation experience
• Proven experience working successfully in team-based settings
• Experience working with children
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Highly developed administrative skills
• Flexitivity – A positive attitude about being flexible in a dynamic workspace
• The ability to work independently and proactively, as well as the capacity for effective collaboration and support of others
How to Apply
Apply Online at https://cranelakecamp.org/work-at-camp/ or email Brett Hausler, Associate Director, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Crane Lake Camp
46 State Line Road, West Stockbridge, MA, 01266, United States