Rosh Eidah/Division HeadAt Ramah Sports Academy
Job Title: Rosh Eidah/Unit Head
Reports to: Camp Director and Assistant Director
The division head is a senior staff member with previous experience in camping and/or Jewish
education who is responsible for overseeing the programming, camper care, and the staff for
an entire age group consisting of multiple groups with a total of up to 70 campers. The division
head is the direct supervisor of a staff of between two and twelve counselors. A Rosh Edah is a
member of the senior leadership team.
Essential Job Functions:
● A Rosh Edah is responsible for overseeing all aspects of a camper unit:
○ Including counselor supervision, unit programming, camper management, counselors’
○ Responsible for the adjustment and quality of life of each camper and staff member
under their supervision
● Assist with facilitation of daily tefilot along with partner Jewish educator
● Partner with Camper Care team to support all campers and ensure all needs are met
○ Includes medical needs, mental health
● Serve as a member of the senior staff team
● Ensure smooth transitions for the entire camp community
○ Including beginning and ending meals
○ Counting all campers before camp-wide programs
● Evaluate all aspects of the program including camper relationships and staff performance
● Lead team at integrating Jewish Education into all programming
Other Job Duties:
⬥ Be an active member of the senior leadership team (Hanhallah) at camp
○ Attend and participate in staff meetings, senior staff meetings and trainings
○ Actively participate in camp events and Jewish life at camp, leading educational sessions
and tefillah as comfortable and schedule permits
○ Be a dugma and supportive presence for other members of the camp community
○ Undertake other tasks as needed (such as driving, set up, or leading a group activity) as
a senior member of camp
⬥ For further tasks and duties, please see the accompanying list of general responsibilities of
Equipment Used: Phone, Computer, writing utensils, Walkie Talkie, Judaic Materials (Siddurim, Kippah), Sports Equipment, Art Supplies
Camp Staff may be asked to use fire protection equipment, washers and dryers, dishwashers, and specialty program equipment. Some may be asked to drive camp vehicles.
Qualifications: (Minimum Education and Experience)
⬥ Must be 21 years of age or College Graduate
⬥ Must be able to obtain or become certified in First Aid/CPR.
⬥ Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
⬥ Ability to interact with all age levels.
⬥ Must be able to pass a background check as required by the state of Pennsylvania
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
⬥ Understand the development needs of youth.
⬥ Staff Supervision
⬥ Discretion with regard to confidential matters
⬥ Experience at Jewish Camp and/or Jewish Educational Setting
⬥ Desire and Ability to work with Children in a Camp Setting
⬥ Demonstrated maturity, responsibility and creativity.
Physical Aspects of the Job:
Ability to work long hours, including standing and/or sitting. Ability to work independently to complete tasks including during non-traditional hours. Division Heads must live on site and may be housed in rooms with communal bathrooms.
How to Applycontact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ramah Sports Academy
Rosh Eidah/Division Head
Ramah Sports Academy, 3080 Broadway, New York, NY, 10027, United States