Site ManagerAt Camp Shomria
We are looking to hire a Site Manager to oversee our camp’s summer and yearlong on-site operations. The Site Manager will reside at Camp Shomria during the camp season and for the two weeks preceding and following the camp for set up and dismantling (approximately 8-10 weeks total). They will also reside at the camp for 3 weekend gatherings in the fall and spring, and for any planned Family Camps.
The position will be full time June thru August 2022, and camp will take place July 3rd thru August 14. The position will be 10 hours a week in the months right before and after camp, and the rest of the year on an as-need basis in coordination with the Camp Director.
The Site Manager will report to the Camp Director, and will also work with the Site Committee, the summer chatzran (handyman), tzevet (a group of dedicated counselors during the summer), and the kitchen staff.
During Camp Season (May thru September):
– Opening and closing of camp (including but not limited to the pool, cabins, bathrooms, mess hall, electricity and water systems)
– Overseeing tzevet (a dedicated team of counselors) and the chatzran (handyman)
– Manage and implement the renovation plan set by the Site Committee prior to the summer
– Maintenance as-needed throughout summer (buildings, appliances, equipment, water and electricity systems, landscaping)
– Together with Director, ensure that all maintenance and renovations stay within budget
– Manage vendor and service provider relationships for cleaning supplies, food supplies, recycling/garbage cleanup, electrician, plumber, bathroom cleaning staff, tree removal company
– Together with leadership team, ensure that our facilities are in line with NYS Dept of Health regulations for our annual inspection
– Daily testing of our water systems, recording results
– Introduce and document best practices for cleaning & maintenance of equipment and buildings
– Support and invest in the longevity and sustainability of the camp’s land, structures, and equipment
– Support the Rosh Tzevet (head of tzevet) in implementing summer-long site projects
– Other responsibilities may arise as needed in coordination with Director
In the Off-Season (October thru April):
– Work with and advise Site Committee with ongoing projects
– Check on the site about once a month and handle challenges that may arise
– Prepare camp for 3-4 Camp Weekends during the year together with the Camp Director
Requirements- Experience with general maintenance, repair, and improvement of a property
- Familiarity with appliance installation, carpentry, basic plumbing, minor electrical wiring, maintenance and renovations, and/or an ability to self-teach
- Ability to travel to the site throughout the year is a must
- Experience with contractor and vendor relationship management
- Previous experience with campsite management a plus
- Strong organizational and project-management skills
- Ability to independently manage priorities and time
- Familiarity with Hebrew a plus, or ability to adapt to unique vocabulary
- Team and community minded individual
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds at a time
- Camp Shomria is an educational institution that is committed to social, economic, racial, political and environmental justice. Although this is not an educational or programmatic position, you should be comfortable in an environment that educates towards these values.
How to ApplyDo you hit at least 70% of the above? We want to hear from you!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter, or for any questions.
52 Lake Marie Rd, Liberty, NY, 12754, United States