Song LeaderAt Camp Louise
Camp Louise is a resident summer camp for girls, ages 7-17, located in Cascade, MD. For nearly 100 years, young women have been coming to Camp Louise to participate in fun and exciting activities, challenge themselves and grow as individuals, and connect with their Jewish heritage and community. Singing and dancing are two activities at Louise that are particularly loved by many of our campers. Each Friday evening, the camp community participates in a musical Shabbat service and a lively and inclusive song and dancing session. On Saturdays we begin the day with another musical service. For many of our campers, Shabbats at Louise are the most significant and meaningful Jewish experience they have all year. The song leader plays a critical role in creating this engaging Jewish environment.
The Camp Louise Song Leader would be responsible for:
• Coordinating and leading Friday night and Saturday morning Shabbat services, as well as Havdallah
• Coordinating and leading Friday night song session
• Teaching song session songs during activity periods
• Leading campfire circle singing
• Being a member of the Music Department at camp, and participating in various other musical activities and lessons throughout the summer
The Louise song leader lives onsite, at our beautiful camp, for the duration of the summer season (June 11-August 15). Room and board are provided.
Due to potential Covid restrictions this summer, it is anticipated that camp may operate in a closed bubble. Time off and other self-care opportunities, on property, would be a regular part of your schedule.
The Song Leader would ideally have the following qualifications:
• Several years of experience playing guitar or piano
• Experience leading groups of people in song
• Knowledge and ability to lead Shabbat services
• Strong desire to work with youth
How to Apply
If you are interested in hearing more about our planned policies for next summer, or if you have any other questions about camp or the position, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, send a message to the same address, and we’ll get back to you shortly about arranging a time to speak.
5750 Park Heights Ave #306, Baltimore, MD, 21215, United States