Staff DirectorAt Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh - Emma Kaufmann Camp
Responsible for recruitment, training and development, and morale and engagement of all general staff while also serving as the EKC senior administrative team’s conduit in communicating camp’s mission and strategic goals to staff. This position also implements programs and systems that drive staff satisfaction and performance while also increasing staff retention from year-to-year. Maintains residency at Emma Kaufmann Camp during the summer months.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the Program Coordinator(s) and Specialty Supervisors during the summer.
- Leads the process to design Head Staff Training, General Staff Training, and any in summer trainings that meet the needs of the EKC staff and represent best practices in the camping industry.
- Collaborates with the EKC Full-time staff team to develop and execute a comprehensive staff training plan specifically for first time staff.
- Leads a formal performance evaluation process for all seasonal staff, including training seasonal supervisors in evaluation writing and delivery.
- Partners with the EKC Full-time staff team to hire general staff and works closely with them to plan off-season camp events across EKC’s geographic markets.
- Attends a variety of professional development events, including, but not limited to JCCA National and Regional meetings, FJC Leaders Assembly, JCamp 180 and ACA Tri-State annual conferences.
- Leads the creation and implementation of major staff events during the summer, including in-service training, final staff banquet, and moral boosting programs.
- Supports all seasonal summer staff throughout the summer, helping address their needs as it relates to their ability to do their job and their own personal well-being and mental health
- Directly supervises the program area supervises and facilitates their specific training during Head Staff Training prior to the start of Camp.
- Assists in the recruitment of staff from around the world via professional networks, colleges, international staffing agencies and Jewish agency partners.
- Serves as the liaison for all international hiring agencies, including the Jewish Agency for Israel in the hiring, orientation and training of shlichim (Israeli emissaries).
- Develops and implements an annual communication plan to maximize staff engagement during the off-season and ultimately staff retention, including, social media posts, a newsletter, in-person visits, staff focus groups, etc.
- Plans and leads nightly staff activities, while camp is in session.
- Coordinates and schedules all seasonal staff time off and ensures arrangements for related transportation, while camp is in session.
- Creates weekly schedule of appointments for EKC’s staff Psychologist.
- Partners with EKC Full-time staff to plan and lead Staff-In-Training training weekend, prior to Summer.
- Partners with other EKC full-time staff to plan off-season events for campers, such as the EKC Reunion, Halutzim weekend and the EKC Winter Trip.
- Implements all staff development action items in EKC’s 3-year Strategic Plan.
- Develops systems to monitor and maintain high staff morale.
- Generates necessary reports and documentation as needed and/or required.
- Actively promotes and maintains agency customer service standards.
- Actively maintains and promotes EKC’s core values.
- Capacity to work with a broad range of people.
- Team player, yet ability to work independently.
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adheres to Jewish Community Center policies and procedures.
- Actively supports and participates in continuous intra-departmental and agency-wide quality improvement processes. “Everyone, Every Day, Closer to Better.”
- Recognizes that the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh gathers individuals representing diverse backgrounds, beliefs and practices.
- Demonstrates kindness/chesed with fellow staff and members.
- Shows respect/kavod for self, fellow staff and members; honors others as they would honor themselves.
- Works to nurture tikkun olam, middot/character within their role and others.
- Creates a warm and welcoming environment within the agency.
- Possesses a working knowledge of Jewish traditions, practices and culture.
- Ability to operate personal computers (hardware and software).
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Ability to perform other related duties, as needed and/or required.
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed.)
Directly supervises and hires seasonal leadership staff and may supervise part-time employees during non-summer months.
Supervision from the Camp Director and Assistant Director
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally he/she is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. During the summer months the employee is frequently outdoors in a nature type setting.
Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation, hospitality, Jewish studies or social work is required, advanced degree preferred; with at least 5 years of professional experience in camping services.
Act 33/34 Clearance
Mandated Reporter Training
First Aid/CPR Certification
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to:
JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
Attn: Human Resources
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh - Emma Kaufmann Camp
5738 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, 15217, United States