Staff Wellness ManagerAt JCC Ranch Camp
The JCC Ranch Camp is not just the Denver JCCs overnight summer camp, its also one of the best places to work during the summer. As a staff member, Ranch Camp will become your home away from home as you work to create a community where people can thrive. Youre a hero to your campers; you have the chance to do something you really care about and have a whole lot of fun doing it. Your experience as a staff member is just as important to us as our campers experience. That being said: Were here to serve kids and make sure they are in the safest environment possible while having the time of their lives.
First and foremost, all our supervisory staff act as a team to support cabin staff.
- Take care of staff and campers by prioritizing the physical, social, emotional health, safety, and well-being.
- Work as a team with the supervisory team to make sure every day runs the way its supposed to by helping to run meals, participating in all camp programming, and providing coverage for cabin staff as needed.
- Create a community that you want to be a part of and that you want campers to be a part of.
- Include everyone and make sure everyone is included.
- Jump into the camp life: ride horses, swim, camp, play games, sing songs, roast smores, be ready to do everything the campers do!
- Act as a resource and support staff as they manage camp behaviors using positive behavior management techniques, enforcing appropriate safety policies, emergency procedures, camp rules, and more.
- Be flexible and adaptable because things change quickly at camp. You have to be able to roll with it.
- And other duties and responsibilities as assigned: you might need to make your campers dreams of a beach themed ice-cream campfire song session come true or become your favorite legendary Pokémon for an evening program.
- Our supervisory team is more than just a support structure. We want you to do what matters to you while you’re at camp.
- Want to spend your summer outside, exploring the back country of Colorado and climbing mountains? We have a job for you. Does spending the morning playing soccer and the afternoon creating art make your heart happy? We have a job for you. Want to design a rocket that can make grilled cheese, but also land on Mars? We probably have a job for you, lets talk.
Staff Wellness Manager Responsibilities:
- Understand the wants and needs of summer staff members to plan intentional, fun, and meaningful staff bonding activities once a week.
- Understand the intricacies of staff mental, emotional, social, and spiritual health and plan intentional, fun, and meaningful staff wellness activities once a week.
- Work with camp supervisory team to set up supervisory office hours and supervision feedback weekly.
- Act as a mentor and role model to staff and assist in providing staff with appropriate MESSH resources.
- Create innovative ways to show gratitude, positive feedback, and appreciation towards staff members.
- Work with camp supervisory team to communicate with and understand their staff members and mediate conversations between supervisors and staff.
- Build relationships with staff members in the same was staff build relationships with campers allowing staff to feel that their growth is supported and seen and that they are valuable members of the camp community.
- Plan staff training with supervisory team focused on building self-care routines and introducing staff to MESSH resources and best practices.
- Finally, all staff must be able to attend Staff Orientations from 5/15/2023 – 6/5/2023 and be available to live at camp for the summer season from 6/6/2023 – 8/13/2023.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Physical Demands: This job requires the incumbent to have operative auditory and visual functioning. Employee must also be able to walk upwards of two (2) miles each day, including use of stairs and uneven terrain. Employee may also stand, sit in chairs or on the ground, run, and swim. Employee may lift or body block campers when necessary.
- Work Environment: Working conditions may include being in indoor, often times loud spaces and spending extended time outdoors under the sun. Must have the ability to work in a hectic, sometimes stressful environment while maintaining the standard of care.
This is a seasonal job and is therefore ineligible for benefits.
Please note: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position; however, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
The Jewish Community Center values diversity and inclusiveness and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Basic Qualifications
- Must be at 21 years of age
- Masters or higher degree in a mental health related field
- At least two years’ experience in supporting children, teenagers, and/or adult mental, emotional, social, and spiritual health – in proactive and reactive ways
- Satisfactorily fulfill requirements for employment at the Staenberg-Loup JCC, including: background screening, three references, documentation, and compliance with CDHS law.
- Must be high-energy, enthusiastic, creative, and open-minded
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience working in camping preferred, or prior relevant recreation/youth work experience with young adults between the ages of 17-25
- Current First Aid and CPR Certifications
How to Apply
Apply here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=56597&clientkey=131D8082E9A629B23D5EB4E4185F2BE7
JCC Ranch Camp
Staff Wellness Manager
21441 N Elbert Road, Elbert, Colorado, 80106, United States