Summer Camp Division HeadAt Camp Shalom / Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center
What you will get from Camp Shalom:
Camp Shalom offers you a chance to enhance your leadership skills by being a role model, problem solver and team player. Develop practical life skills that are transferable to future opportunities in how to work with a team, be flexible and help build the culture of a community. As part of your employment you will also receive access to gym for the duration of your employment. Camp Shalom will also offer you a chance to get CPR/First Aid certified.Division heads will have a chance to gain experience in supervision of other staff.
Under the direction of the Assistant Camp Director, the Division Heads will assure the program quality and content of the JSV Summer Camp Program and will directly over see one of two age specific day camp group. The Summer Camp Division Head will plan, implement, and manage the daily programming of their age specific groups. The Summer Camp Head will work closely with the other Camp Division Head and Specialists to assure the preparation and implementation of all group camp activities, and all special events. The Summer Camp Division Heads will directly supervise their age specific camp staff members ensuring the implementation of daily activities is done at a high standard, focusing on safety and wellness. Camp Division Heads will be responsible for staff supervision, behavioral management, running activities, supply orders, and budget management. The Division Head communicates with other camp staff to maintain smooth operation of the camp. Support youth, peers, and other staff members in conducting meaningful, educational experiences to help youth grow and reach their fullest potential. Time Commitment 20 hours preparation leading up to camp, then 8:30am-4:30pm Monday Through Friday during the months of June-August, additional hours as needed. Must be able to commit to a full 9 weeks, June 6th – August 5th.
Areas of Responsibility
• Actively and effectively plan, implement, and manage an age specific group.
• Adheres to JSV Summer camp expense limits set by the Camp Director.
• Ensure Judaic values are implemented at the core of each JSV Summer Camp program
• Effectively supervise paid camp staff to insure quality in the JSV Summer Camp programs
• Relate to campers in a positive manner, maintain camper supervision, and discipline
• Monitor counselor interaction with campers and assist with camper behavior management as needed
• Adhere to pre-planned day camp operating calendar and schedules
• Assist in inventory and maintenance of camp supplies/equipment
• Maintain good public relations and communication with day camp parents when needed
• Ensure JSV Summer Camp operates in a safe manor at all times
• Supervise, support, and evaluate all JSV Summer Camp staff in daily operations
• Train, support, and evaluate all staff during camp orientation
• Attend and participate in all JSV Summer Camp staff meetings
• Plan, implement, and lead weekly coordinator meetings to ensure all programs are accurate, safe, free of conflict, adequately supplied, etc.
• Complete required weekly paperwork and reports (certificates, awards, newsletters, etc.)
• Performs all other duties as assigned
**Ability to work traditional business hours as well as non-traditional hours as business dictates. To include but not limited to weekends and evening.
Effect on End Result: The effectiveness of this position will be measured by:
• Purposeful and coordinated programs that advance Camp and JSV strategic goals, good public relations, sound financial position and good records systems;
• A positive working environment that allows for creative thinking, positive attitudes, teamwork and self-development.
• Permeation of Tiferet (contributing to the greater good) throughout all JSV programs, services and interactions. This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
RequirementsQualifications and competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high-quality level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or experience: • Minimum four years of experience working with school age children • Minimum two years supervisory experience required • Minimum of 18 years of age • ECE units or Recreation units desired Specific Certification Requirements: • Current American Red Cross CPR for Child and Adult Certification • Current American Red Cross Basic First Aid Certification • Completion and clearance of background fingerprint assessment via the JSV Live scan location. ** Employees at the JSV may have availability to attend in-house Certification courses, please check with Camp Director as to availability Language skills: • Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, co-workers, parents, volunteers, members, donors and the general public Reasoning Ability: • Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions • Must possess the ability to make sound independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action Other Skills, Requirements, Abilities and Personal Characteristics: • Ability and willingness to work as a “team” • Organized and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills • Able to set and meet deadlines • Enthusiastic, dependable and a sense of humor • Willing to follow directions and take initiative • Understanding of the JSV mission as well as a commitment to be a positive role model • Even-tempered and able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing priorities. Working Conditions/Physical requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation. • Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforces safety regulations, and applies appropriate policies and procedures. • The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related skills. • Ability work both in an outside and inside environment, may involve different temperature extremes. • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. • The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Also, may be required to climb, push, and pull at times. • The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between JSV and its employees.
How to ApplyPlease apply at https://campshalomjcc.org/about-us/employment/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Camp Shalom / Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center
Summer Camp Division Head
14855 Oka Road Suite 201, Los Gatos, CA, 95032, United States