Summer Camp Preschool TeacherAt Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center - Camp Shalom
Duties including, but not limited to:
1. Supervise and insure safety of children at all times.
2. Be alert to the needs of children as individuals and as a group.
3. Plan and implement an enriching curriculum that helps move children as individuals and a group toward meeting our stated developmental goals. Work with co-teacher/ associate teacher or teacher’s aide, if applicable.
4. Plan and implement activities and projects that support children’s learning in the area of Jewish culture, holidays and values.
5. Work with teaching team to set-up and maintain classroom. Keep classroom shelves, counters, storage areas and bathrooms orderly and free of clutter.
6. Prepare snack for children and sit with them while they eat.
7. Conduct two individual parent/teacher conferences per year with each family in assigned class.
8. Attend Back to School Night and Open House.
9. Be familiar with and follow all Preschool and APJCC Policies detailed in the APJCC Employee Handbook, the APJCC Preschool Staff Handbook and the APJCC Parent Handbook.
10. Maintain punctual and consistent attendance.
11. Keep preschool administration informed of any special needs or concerns about individual children.
12. Attend all staff meetings, in-service training, set up/clean up days and team planning meetings.
13. Write informative parent newsletters monthly.
14. Fill out all required paper work in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to accident reports, incident reports, curriculum plans and team meeting reports.
15. Communicate frequently with parents in a professional and respectful manner. Areas of concern about children should be discussed with co-teacher, associate teacher and/or assistant teacher, but communicated to the parent by a teacher, or associate teacher not a teacher’s assistant.
16. Communicate with colleagues and administration in a professional and respectful manner.
17. Always keep developmentally appropriate practice in mind when planning for and communicating with children and families.
18. Represent the preschool and the APJCC in a positive manner both on campus and off.
RequirementsPhysical Qualifications: 1. Ability to lift and carry at least 30lbs and 2. Physical ability to sit on the floor or low chair and to squat down to be at eye level with children for up to 15 minutes at a time and 3. Ability to stand and walk for up to one hour at a time and 4. Level of physical fitness that allows for keeping pace with the activity level of young children. Educational Qualifications: 1. 24 units of ECE/CD, including the core courses. Core courses are 3 semester units or 4 quarter units in each of the following areas: child development; child/family/community or child family relations and program/curriculum and 2. 175 days of 3 hours per day of work experience in an ECE/CD setting within 4 years. Or: 1. AA or higher degree in ECE/CD or related field and 2. 3 units supervised field experienced in an ECE/CD setting.
How to ApplyPlease apply at: https://apjcc.org/jobs/ Please click on the position: Summer Preschool Teacher.
Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center - Camp Shalom
Summer Camp Preschool Teacher
14855 Oka Road Suite 201, Los Gatos, CA, 95032, United States