Summer Day Camp CounselorsAt Sid Jacobson JCC
Sid Jacobson JCC and its surrounding campus, Bernice Jacobson Day School and Camp, provide a full range of cutting-edge recreational, health, fitness, educational, cultural arts, and social services programs. Camp Jacobson is a traditional day camp on the North Shore of Long Island. It is a place where children grow and flourish in a safe, nurturing environment. Our program serves the needs of each camper and family by creating an atmosphere that encourages individual exploration, fosters personal development, inspires healthy choices and enables children to establish life-long friendships. We are dedicated to providing a high-quality summer camp experience that keeps each child excited to come back year after year.
We have exciting opportunities for Summer Day Camp Counselors to join our team for summer 2022. If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding experience where you can make a real difference in a child’s life, this is the place for you. This position is in Nassau County (Old Westbury), Long Island.
In addition to creating a memorable and meaningful experience for all campers, our ideal candidates will be caring and enthusiastic, and have a strong commitment and genuine concern for children. He/She/They will be available to work from 8:15am – 4:15pm, Mondays through Fridays, from the full camp season, June 29th – August 23rd (camp closed on July 4th).
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
• Participate in daily activities with campers, including instructional and recreational swim periods.
• Care for and supervise campers, including identifying and meeting the needs of individual campers.
• Interact with campers – be actively engaged with campers at ALL times and at all activities including lunch, downtime, swim periods, arrival and departure.
• Work with group leader and other staff members to accomplish goals of camp.
• Assist in the development and implementation of programs including rainy day activities, special events and division programs.
• Assist with leading activities including lunch, swim, Clubs and special events.
• Attend staff meetings, pre-camp orientations, late night/overnight programs and field trips as required.
• Provide opportunities for group interaction, problem solving and decision-making.
• Help campers develop positive attitudes toward cooperation, concern for others (adults and campers) and taking responsibility.
• Carry out established roles in enforcing safety regulations and in implementing emergency procedures.
• Other duties as assigned by Camp Administration.
What you gain from working at Camp Jacobson:
• Salary and bonus compensation.
• Free summer gym membership at the Sid Jacobson JCC.
• Purpose-driven work, positively impacting the lives of children…you can make a real difference!
• Work outdoors with amazing people in a fun, healthy and friendly environment.
• Learn and develop essential skills that apply to every job in every industry…communication skills, critical thinking and problem-solving, leadership, interpersonal skills, creativity, collaboration/teamwork and flexibility, among other skills…few other jobs or internships can teach you so much!
• Recommendation letters for college, grad school or future employment.
• Internship and practicum opportunities are available…we can work with any school.
• Rewarding and successful experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Disability accommodations
• Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
• LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
• Age-inclusive Diversity and inclusion training or programs
• Health Insurance, Paid time off, Retirement Plan, 100% agency sponsored Pension Plan, Employee Discounts
RequirementsWhat You’ll Need To Be Successful: • Prior experience working with children is preferred • Must be an incoming High School Senior or older • Desire to work with campers age 3-13 • Possesses patience, compassion, great listening and communication skills • Good judgment, empathy, spirit and the ability to relate to children. *Current CPR and First Aid certification required for counselors placed in Travel Camp.
How to ApplyTo apply, please fill out an application on our website at www.campjacobson.com https://jacobson.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App. Please contact us in the camp office at 516-626-1094 with any questions.
Sid Jacobson JCC
Summer Day Camp Counselors
200 Forest Drive, Suite 211, East Hills, New York, 11548, United States