Summer Day Camp Group LeaderAt Sid Jacobson JCC
Sid Jacobson JCC and its surrounding campus, Bernice Jacobson Day School and Camp, provide a full range of cutting-edge recreational, health, fitness, educational, cultural arts, and social services programs. Camp Jacobson is a traditional day camp on the North Shore of Long Island. It is a place where children grow and flourish in a safe, nurturing environment. Our program serves the needs of each camper and family by creating an atmosphere that encourages individual exploration, fosters personal development, inspires healthy choices and enables children to establish life-long friendships. We are dedicated to providing a high-quality summer camp experience that keeps each child excited to come back year after year.
We have exciting opportunities for Summer Day Camp Group Leader to join our team for summer 2022. If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding experience where you can make a real difference in a child’s life, this is the place for you. This position is in Nassau County (Old Westbury), Long Island.
Our ideal candidates will be responsible for creating memorable and meaningful experiences for our campers. They will be caring and energetic individuals with superb social skills, good attention to detail, a passion for the great outdoors, and enjoy working with children. He/She/They will be available to work from 8:15am – 4:15pm, Mondays through Fridays, from the full camp season, June 29th – August 23rd (camp closed on July 4th).
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
• Participate in daily activities with campers, including instructional and recreational swim periods.
• Supervise campers in every aspect of the camp experience.
• Supervise, train and evaluate staff within the group.
• Observe staff assigned to your group, providing positive coaching and constructive criticism, motivating and empowering as much as possible.
• Maintain written records of regular observations such as evaluations, discipline notices, etc.
• Develop a rainy day contingency plan for the group and train the staff in how to implement that plan.
• Care for and maintain bunk decorations, supplies, equipment and camp property.
• Assist in instructing and leading activities.
• Maintain regular communication with camp families, including pre-camp phone calls, weekly phone calls and emails.
• Assume responsibility for all campers in your care.
• Provide opportunities for each camper to successfully participate in the camp experience.
• Meet individual needs of each camper.
• Create positive environment for campers and staff to ensure the mission of teaching children the skills of making and keeping friends and building self-esteem and self-confidence.
• Work with Inclusion Coordinator to ensure successful inclusion for any children with special needs.
• Other duties as assigned by Camp Administration.
What you gain from working at Camp Jacobson:
• Salary and bonus compensation.
• If you have camp-aged children, receive discounted tuition to provide them with the opportunity for an amazing Camp Jacobson experience
• Free summer gym membership at the Sid Jacobson JCC.
• Purpose-driven work, positively impacting the lives of children…you can make a real difference!
• Work outdoors with amazing people in a fun, healthy, rejuvenating and friendly environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Disability accommodations
• Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
• LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
• Age-inclusive Diversity and inclusion training or programs
• Health Insurance, Paid time off, Retirement Plan, 100% agency sponsored Pension Plan, Employee Discounts
Sid Jacobson JCC is a beneficiary agency of the UJA Federation of New York.
The Sid Jacobson JCC has a mandatory vaccine policy, a dedicated medical advisory committee, newly installed air filters and air purification systems, common surfaces/areas are sanitized regularly, and members and staff are required to follow CDC regulations.
RequirementsWhat You’ll Need To Be Successful: • College graduate with teaching degree or comparable • Prior camp experience preferred but not required • Possesses patience, compassion, great listening and communication skills • Good judgment, empathy, spirit and the ability to relate to children. *Current CPR and First Aid certification required
How to ApplyTo apply, please fill out an application on our website at www.campjacobson.com https://jacobson.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App. Please contact us in the camp office at 516-626-1094 with any questions.
Sid Jacobson JCC
Summer Day Camp Group Leader
200 Forest Drive, Suite 211, East Hills, New York, 11548, United States