Summer Social WorkerAt Habonim Dror Camp Moshava
Habonim Dror Camp Moshava is seeking a residential, seasonal licensed clinical social worker with an active license in good standing. The camp social worker is a critical member of the Camper Care Team. In addition to providing direct clinical services, resources and training to campers and staff, the social worker also works to support our unique youth leadership model by empowering staff and youth leadership in their roles. The camp social worker should have a desire to grow personally and professionally as part of a close-knit community of committed individuals.
Spring 2022: March 1 – June 17, 2022 – eight hours/week spent onboarding, training staff, conducing intakes with campers and families, and creating care plans for the summer. $35/hour.
Summer 2022: Full time, residential on-site from June 17th to August 10, 2022. $1300-$1400 weekly, depending on experience
Benefits: Reduced camp tuition for camp-age children. Room and Board Provided. 24 hours off per week, as well as daily off-blocks.
Social Worker Responsibilities
• Provide emotional support and guidance to individual campers with active mental health concerns.
• Provide assessment and direct intervention in cases of mental health and/or behavioral crises in collaboration with inclusion coordinators, camp director and Executive Director
• Work with Inclusion Coordinators to design modifications to programs and activities to be inclusive of all campers, including those with learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Executive Functioning Issues, and more.
• Provide ongoing evaluation, training and support to counselors, inclusion counselors and Camper Care Coordinators as they implement interventions and program modifications.
• Maintain required documentation for camper meetings, team meetings and parent calls.
• Respond to parent concerns related to campers with mental health and/or behavioral issues.
• Work with campers and staff to proactively incorporate skills and strategies to alleviate anxiety and contribute to positive camp environment.
• Be “on call” for any behavioral, social or mental health crises that arise with campers or staff. An “on call” schedule will be established and agreed upon prior to the start of the summer.
• Attend pre-camp training on camp policies, including child abuse and neglect and emergency procedures.
• Provide staff training prior to opening day and during summer on behavior management, child development and childhood mental health disorders.
• Provide clinical support to staff as needed.
• Participate in meetings with camp leadership to ensure that camper and staff well being are central to the operation of camp.
• Provide guidance on supporting staff and camper with regards to coping with Covid-19.
• LCSW-C required, Maryland State Licensing (or reciprocal state license) in good standing required.
• Hiring is dependent on passing Federal and State Background Checks.
• A strong commitment to youth empowerment, inclusion and social justice.
• Camp experience – either personal or professional – preferred.
• Excellent crisis management skills.
How to Apply
Email resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Habonim Dror Camp Moshava
Summer Social Worker
615 Cherry Hill Rd., Street, MD, 21154, United States